What have you done to your vehicle today?

I'm keeping the Vette. I've pulled out of the pending sale!
Oh, what swung that choice? did something not feel right, or is it the possibility of a track day.

Oh, what swung that choice? did something not feel right, or is it the possibility of a track day.

I thought the offer I had accepted was lower than market value and along with finding renewed enjoyment for the Vette I pulled out.
Now let the modifications begin!!

Well, I'm glad you have found that spark again :becky:

I will be picking up parts for the Camaro from Rusty's Speed Shop this week :D

Last Saturday fitted the new oxygen sensor. She runs saweeeet again ;)

Tonight checked the lights over for the MOT on Saturday. Found a dodgy earth which was stopping the fog light working - cleaned up the connections and refitted it and voila it works now ;). Fingers crossed for MOT.

Actually none of this I did - I just helped as usual :) :)

I tried starting the Trans-Am for club night, but no go, took the battery off the fiesta to jump start, no luck, just a click from the starter. So me and Sarah pushed the car half out of the drive, drive the fiesta up onto the footpath and grass verge to jump start direct from a running car. Still no luck. So we went to club in the little car. Charge the Trans-Am battery over night, and started fine this morning. Didn't use the Trans-Am yesterday, but started fine the day before that. Perhaps the battery is on its way out.

Good luck with the MOT Clare.

It's an expensive Saturday, as it's both the Fiero and the Vette's mot's. It's the Vette's first since I have owned it but I'm not anticipating any problems.
Dan, make sure your battery connections are clean and bright. Even a jump start will fail if the connections are bad and it's just possible that by removing the battery to charge you have gained enough connection to get things working.

The terminals are copper greased and looking good, even jump starting I had the neg on the block. I'm wondering if its the permanent feed on the starter that's iffy, although charging the battery fixed it. I did read about 9 volts on the dash before trying to start the car(before I charged it), so the battery was very low. I have new terminals to go on the battery, think I will renew the neg cables and get another good one to the block. Perhaps the alternator not charging, sometimes when driving its 12V, sometimes it goes up to 13.5ish, so its like its sensing if the battery needs charging, or perhaps its not bothering half the time. So it may be a mixture of a few things, I'll renew all I can. I've had the battery and charging circuit tested a few months back, and all was running perfect during the tests.

I have a quick release thingy bob on Colins battery so whenever its parked up I just pop the hood and hey presto, and as for what have you done to your vehicle today well i said good morning to him as i was going out the driveway, as i do every morning, oh and i bought some new polish tody as well which i shall use saturday, mainly cause i polished him yesterday, and it took me ages and knackered me out lol xx

We use these: Oxford OF950 Oximiser 600 Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

The Vette is in a Garage so I have no worries there, but the Fiero is stored outside and I just run a cable to the maintainer and place it in a sealed bag where water cannot get directly on it. Does a great job of keeping batteries topped off without worrying about overcharging. Both cars use one over winter and it means the security systems are active for insurance purposes.

more bloody body and paint work for me found a way of getting a almost perfect colour match with 3 rattle cans but so knackard so will take a pic later and post it up :) need me pills and a cuppa :)

Wow, thats a dam good job. Well done :) you really cant tell the difference.

i can but give it a few days to settle and ill do some more to bring it up to my standard :) as i used to do a lot when i had my own garage so it just takes a bit of time and patients and the right wet and dry etc still a haze of green in there but after a few days and some g3 polish should be ok for sunday :) amazing what you can do with a rattle can :)

Nothing yet, but my bits arrived from Summit this morning, so I have brake hoses and wheel bearings to change soon :)

Jacked the car up this morning, remade the battery terminals, coper grease and copper inserts popped into the connectors for even better connection. Checked starter connections, they are tight and clean. Came to the conclusion its something in the starter now. The solenoid clicks once, when the batter is low you tend to hear rapid clicks. So just ordered a new starter form rockauto. should be here the beginning of next week. However need the car tonight and Sunday, humm, bugger.

Fiero and corvette passed their MOT's :) :)

That's brilliant news. another year of happy motoring.

Back