What have you done to your vehicle today?

Did a full electric check as battery light came on after i hit a puddle lastnight but was a fooking big pothole aswell:doh: :( conclusion is the alternator is buggered so van now off road cheapest and quickest time to get a new one is 2 weeks :( ho hum :/ at least all the engine electrics are cleaned and sorted :) and now know why a garage wanted to charge ?300 plus parts to do it :target::flame:

Is the alternator top or bottom of the engine? Easyish to get to? If you can get the part, I can pop it on for ya. Just fitted a new started to the car today, ready for the next challengem I ordered it from rockauto Thursday lunchtime, it came from the west coast of the state's, and got it in my hands today. They are usually a lot cheaper that what you can get them for over here. Also there us a play in waterlooville who can get them reconditioned, if I gave it to them Thursday it would be ready Monday, so you have a few cheaper options.

Here they are - although you can only just see mine behind due to the sun being out ;)

image.jpg

Last edited:
its above dan a pain in the arse to get out had to take airbox and squish water pipes and carefully squeeze it out its compleatly fooked did a bench test just to be completely satisfied will have to wait anyway bud as cash flow etc don't get pension till 20th now :( not to worry ill still get out to the club etc :) can borrow other cars lol or get my arse in gear and fix tilly and take tons of pills lol have looked on rockauto but was worried about import tax etc they are cheaper but with all the extras on top takes it over the ?150 mark :( would buy lots from there but the tax etc kills it for me :( 10599630_10152216784976962_7493176564595876216_n.jpg thats the engine bay area airbox etc out have worked out how to get it back in looked on web they took much more off than me lol ... but thanks for the offer mite get the old one fixed also seen 4 on ebay under ?100 so once money in bank ill be getting it sorted :)

put the alternator back in all went in ok but still no charging :( next thing is the fuseable links :/ but thats for tomorrow :/

put the alternator back in all went in ok but still no charging :( next thing is the fuseable links :/ but thats for tomorrow :/
oh no, after all that and still not working :(, sounds like a good plan, take a rest and tackle it tomorrow.

yep going to re do the whole starting and charging wiring (just got the wiring diagrams to do it ) get rid of the fuse links ( just have one 150 one instead )as ill do it like i did my trikes and the bug and other campers day / vans will mean a direct charge and even more precise starting just a pain to sort it and make it look ok as well fit it all nice and etc but will do a set out and check it first then make it all look good :)

well good news had a call from dude that did the rebuild turns out he did it on the 2 wire feed and i only have 1 so hes ordering new bits and should be sorted very soon on the plus side i can now rip the bloody alternator out in 30mins :)

still no news from the bloke called him friday and no parts came in trust me to get a hard to sort alternator :(

69 passed its MOT just now.

Oil and filter change, & new GMPP "red wire" HT leads.
Anyone wanna buy some LSx Bosch HT leads? 12 months old with 2k miles on them!

Made a bracket to bolt across the font of the seat rails to hold a fire extinguisher. I couldn't find anywhere to mount it, so I have made a bracket out of 3/4" aluminium square tubing. Currently painted and being allowed to dry before I fit it tomorrow.

found my old 12,000 base box and amp so thats just been cleaned up and sprayed ready for the van :) have 2 spare base boxes and speakers if anyone needs one or both one 12inch other is a 8inch :)

I have pumped the tyres up and given her a quick wipe over ready for locksmith....no sign of him yet, he knows the Camaro can't get out of the garage (stuck in park with no keys) so he's going to have a job on his hands and should get his bum moving!

So the Camaro will be there tonight then Sarah :),
Oops I got rid of the old pug yesterday and collected a new one :)

Unfortunately not :( Got a whole box of parts waiting to get fitted, so once the keys are done, I can get everything on, services, MOT'd, taxed and she's back :D

well spent a hr on tilly the bug and clutch now easier and new bits on and running but pain got to bad and started to sweat big time so had to stop :( so tomorrow will be the drive check see if changing the dizzy and coil has sorted it ? if not then twin carbs go back on :/

Back