What have you done to your vehicle today?

The car was washed and dried in the sun 10-11 o'clock 22degrees

You know the rule's mr car washer

image.jpgAlso fitted a removable bracket for front number plate called sto n Sho from the states finished it of with a huge number plate !!! Sorry about the pic don't know how to spin it right way up (Dan!!!!) lol pictures are on previous page Mr Saleen

Last edited:
Well washed all 3 black cars in an hour using the two bucket method and rinsed off with hose pipe going though the di vessel and left to air dry. Tested the water coming out of the di vessel and it contained less than 10 ppm of tds total dissolved solids before di vessel was 456ppm any thing under 500 and southern water is happy.. The result View attachment 71061View attachment 71062View attachment 71063View attachment 71064View attachment 71065

So there was no manual drying of the car at all?

Nope washed and rinsed and left to dry all in the sun.should add that the only tap water used was from the kitchen sink for the car shampoo rinse bucket water was from the di vessel and so was the water for rinsing

Last edited:
Dam chris that picture of shine clean car should have a goverment health warning i need a pair of these lol

SEP_pilot-sh_W

Finished the car off this evening (once body panels had cooled down) with a coat of Harley wax cars come up with a super deep look to it and of course shinny.only trouble is I'll end up doing it all again in the week for the modurstang open day why is black a cow loo

Moved the old girl full use of garage floor now result
oh you want pictures do you you?
8b462c91be7a61afb62aa4b70ed43b4f.jpg

Can you show me how it done on m Black car? I'll bring it around for you to demonstrate :)

Drove her :) drives good now ;)

Drove the mustang up to the guy doing the body work only to be told that he's hurt his back and can't do it till September!!!! Very annoying will have to leave it now till winter and find someone more reliable

VRV bognor give vic a call or pop in

Hi daz think it's going to go that way once I'm back from my travels

Wanted to replace the brake pads on the Challenger. As it's the SRT it has brembo brakes all round.
These are super easy, knock the pins out, remove the spring clip and pull the pads. Push the Pistons back, drop in new pads and re-fit the spring clip and pins. Caliper stays on the car, and supposed to be 15mins a corner.

Well, f**k me. If it only was that easy!
I started on the front passenger as I knew those pads were the lowest. The pins refused to budge. Nothing. No movement.
Eventually the ends of the pins began to distort, so I decided to remove the caliper to see what was going on.
Didn't really help but did allow me to get a closer look at the Pistons. Brembo uses a plated aluminum piston and of course from what I could see the inboard Pistons were not in a good way. The plating was virtually gone and the aluminum had degraded quite badly. They also wouldn't push in, so the inboard Pistons were seized too. Amazingly the brakes still worked really well.
So, the front calipers are being sent away to rebuilder in Wales who completely strips them, fits new seals and stainless Pistons and will media blast and powder coat in any color if required. I've opted for everything except fresh powder coat, just a clean. The pins become their problem and I don't have to worry about the Pistons again.
Cost? £320 for the pair. The rears can wait for now!

Means the Fiero gets an outing tomorrow. We will have to see about the AAC show next weekend.

The simplest of jobs eh?
What a day!

Wow, what a headache. You'd think on a modern car they should be still fresh to take apart. What a pain...

wale's will sort your brakes out for you :thumb:. sounds like lack of previous maintenace ??? hay ho nice weather to work on a car anyway,

I was not impressed. Bleedin' non American engineering.
If that had been anything GM I would have been done ages ago and onto cleaning ready for the show.
Instead the car sits in the garage with its calipers boxed up ready to be shipped.

Back