What have you done to your vehicle today?

Yes you are correct Chris that why I remove them at least once a year to clean them up and put new anti seize on threads used to use Cooper grease but now silver equivalent or replace them if required..
Screenshot_20221107_132435_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Over Xmas hols I had to change thermostat. Housing and sensor on dad's van a Renault traffic 1.9 talk about bleeding out all the air from system with all the pipes on it and the pre heat system. Got bleed nipple on housing two on heater matrix rubber pipes and you have to prefill prehousing.
IMG_20221227_094705.jpg
IMG_20221227_094731.jpg

Couldn't do much on the camaro, so gave the TA a wash.
IMG_20221229_144657.jpg

put a new windscreen in the p100 went for a heated one this time hopefully no more ice scraping. wired up as the supplier instructions using a OE switch then found out OE switch only on wile its pressed. now need to get a latching relay

Bet you forget to turn it off???use a timer relay.

Picked up the discs brake pads D bushes and track rod ends yesterday ready for weekend
IMG_20230125_070549.jpg

D bushes and brakes done today had to retap the threads so metal under tray could go back up so rusted out these bolts. Also found exhaust rubber split
IMG_20230129_102113.jpg
IMG_20230129_102104.jpg
IMG_20230129_102059.jpg
IMG_20230129_114519.jpg
IMG_20230129_114548.jpg

Track rod ends and haust rubber for another day

broke my windscreen. decided it was time i fixed the small leak that predates my ownership. it did not come out in one piece
thumbnail_20230219_182210.jpg
thumbnail_20230219_182032.jpg

sent an email to peter jones at clay windscreens he's get one in stock. did not expect that

Were you not getting screen from St's imports or the guy at church stretton American auto glass.

Last edited:
didnt pete paint your car?? he might lol still have some spare paint or know the code??

All in one peice?

not the fun begins putting screen back in , good luck

Do you have glass suckers like the windscreen installers use?
Screenshot_20230225_101201_com.android.chrome.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't been to as many meets this last year.

The truck developed a water leak a year ago which was coming from an awkward core plug. Seeing it was an engine out job, I entrusted the work with a shop over Romsey way.

Needless to say, having the engine removed proved to be too big of a temptation not to have some other work done at the same time. I therefore had new paint in the engine bay, the engine itself painted, new timing chain fitted, the leading edge of the rusty hood was completely cut off and replaced, rust around the guttering and roof panel cut out and replaced and also work on replacing all clutch components.

Obviously this took a fair bit time. The truck was booked in for May last year and I got her back in August. I was hoping to make some late summer events and was really looking forward to a couple of Southsea cruises, but unfortunately for me I had some issues with the clutch fitment. Slowly over winter I have been addressing these problems 1 step at a time. I have made a new release bearing sleeve that was longer than the other with tighter tolerances. This was turned on a lathe and heat shrunk onto the bearing retainer/ throwout bearing sleeve on the Borgwarner T5 transmission. I also found that the pilot bearing was nearly 2mm bigger than the end on the gearbox input shaft spigot. This is where I was having alot of my problems so I ordered some oilite bar and made my own custom bearing. I also ordered and tried a different type of thrust bearing that was recommended to me from a friend in the US (he owns several Chevy C10's with T5 transmissions and knows his stuff).

These things done, I still had an annoying, randomly happening loud clattering sound as demonstrated at a recent Port Solent meet where I arrived is a sweet sounding truck and left in something that sounded like a handful of nuts and bolts shaken in a metal bin. This cost me two visits to a local garage who removed the gearbox and clutch assembly for inspection. I found out this week it now turns out that it was part of the flywheel guard assembly that was warping under the heat of the engine and distorting forcing itself in to the path of the crankshaft hub (where the flywheel bolts to). Obviously it's early days but I have high confidence that this particular problem is behind me. I will upload some photo's later today.

I therefore want to start enjoying my truck again, but like all these old timers there is still plenty of things to do.

FB_IMG_1641158328772a.jpg

Back