What have you done to your vehicle today?

New pump mechanical or electrical???

Did a small amount to the Firebird today after watching our lovely Queen's funeral 😢
I started flatting the spoiler ready for paint. Also, I began putting the wipers and washers back together and found the windscreen drain area had been a little home for something, a mouse I'm guessing. No apparent damage done, just needed a good clean out.
IMG_20220919_155857_349.jpg
IMG_20220919_163125_157.jpg

Great to see the Firebird coming along. Is that a new brake booster you have in there too?

thumbnail_IMG_20220918_172835.jpg

took the gauges out of the ranchero to change the speedo cable and changed the lamps for LEDs.

No SR Cup on rear wing will shame on you have to buy one at end of season show lol.

Led lamps ranchero that's way to modern lol........

I ordered a rubber windscreen seal for the Firebird which has just arrived. No fridge magnets but I got 2 pens! I've not received pens before from them.
IMG_20221003_165305_271.jpg

That's a strange one.
Have fun with window seal

When parking up, going full lock to lock the other way, could hear a fairly loud mechanical crack sound. Jacked the car up there was a rubber flap that made a noise on the steering rack. But that would make more of a thud than a crack.
Removed it, there is none on the other side, just gets in the way.
IMG_20221006_181139.jpg

Laying under it checking all bolts on the k-member and suspention.
IMG_20221006_181131.jpg

Checking the two bolts that join the steering rack to the k-member. I could move them with a socket. 17mm top and bottom. Got about a 1/16th of a turn on it, not moving now.

IMG_20221006_182019.jpg

Started the car up in the garage, turning full lock left and right many times. No click sound, I would have heard it if it was still present. Seems like the issue is fixed. Road test tomorrow.

Didn't use the pit then doh.. Yes undersheilds are a pain plastic clips or spring 1/4turn clips or M6 bolts that snap. Audi undersheld like yours is a pain. Did you lock tight bolts??? Hasn't it come loose b4???

192, the pit is permently blocked by a 'Need of help' Camero! Dan done well under adverse conditions!

Like your thinking lol...yes poor pit and very poor camaro all those unfinished jobs on it.
PITA jacking car up and working on cars as you get older.

Last edited:
Did you lock tight bolts??? Hasn't it come loose b4???
No loctite, and hasn't come loose before.If it does happen again I wil take the nut off and popsome loctire in there.
The good think if even if they nut fell off you can get the bolt out without taking the engine off the engine mounts. So they would act as pins and hold the steering rack in place. I could see no wear on the washers from any movement. I couldn't even turn the nut by hand, getting a ratchet on it, it was tough to move, but would rotate if I wasn't holding the bolt on the top too.
By tightening it up, Its compressing the C shaped formed metal on the k-member to hold the steering rack even tighter.

192, the pit is permently blocked by a 'Need of help' Camero! Dan done well under adverse conditions!
Wheels off the camaro still, well they keep going down, so its on axle stands.

Like your thinking lol...yes poor pit and very poor camaro all those unfinished jobs on it.
PITA jacking car up and working on cars as you get older.
Camaro taking up the prime spot over the pit. If the Camaro was rollable I would have put the TA over the pit. Would have sped up the job a little.
However only took under 20mins to get overals on, jack up the car and put axle stands under it, easy access, Check all kmember bolts along with the steering rack bolts. Then lower the car and running the car on the spot, testing steering. I know it was under 20mins as Pizza was cooking in the oven.

Last edited:
I know it was under 20mins as Pizza was cooking in the oven. PMSL was that the manufactors recomemd times for cooking or SWMNBO time for cooking

I know it was under 20mins as Pizza was cooking in the oven. PMSL was that the manufactors recomemd times for cooking or SWMNBO time for cooking
Sarah was just putting dinner on and said I have 20mins spare before dinner is ready.

Cleaned the plugs on mustang. Yes I did do all 8 lol. Needed doing.

Attachments

• IMG_20221106_095811.jpg
    IMG_20221106_095811.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
They obviously came out OK, but I remember some owners snapping the plugs when trying to remove them.

Back