What have you done to your vehicle today?

Sorry nothing to post done nothing but start the cars up this weekend, bet you lot are the same?

i got my "new" gauge cluster from America then took it apart to clean.i am going swop the ammeter for a voltmeter and will need to repair the clock somehow i only took one photo then left phone somewhere

Sorry nothing to post done nothing but start the cars up this weekend, bet you lot are the same?
Not started the TA since the 20th for the breakfast run. Have squeesed past the Camaro and cycling bike to use the garage loo. Nothing really to report car related.

One of the tyres on the kia was getting a little low. So instead of getting out the foot pump I used my electric one.
IMG_20220305_173906.jpg

Must have been well under 60 seconds per wheel. Pump fused at 10A.
I went to start the car shortly after to go to aunties. No juice for the starter, rapid clicking. Pump must have sucked all the juice, the kia is Sept 2015, so almost 7 years old. Original battery. Perhaps its getting weak. First time it has failed on me.
Good excuse to take the TA out instead.
Jump started the kia from a spare battery, turned it around, and charging it up like an electric car now. If it falls again, it's time to pop in a new one.
IMG_20220305_173841.jpg

Did the reg plate influence your purchase? Seven years aint bad for a battery.

Did the reg plate influence your purchase? Seven years aint bad for a battery.
Private plate :) SB65 PCB
The SB is SpongeBob, and as i do PCB work though that would be good at the end its never had a normal plate.

Hasn't got a normal driver ether lol😁😁😁

Not used my audi since going to Shrewsbury to get dad's duster coil springs so about 4 to 5 wks. All good no issues but last week end had to take dad in audi to get BP meds heard a noise and got louder going there and coming home bag of nails it was very loud. So investigated and found front wheel bearing failed great you can't get to the 4 bolts that hold the bearing up so dismantle lower arm from suspension removed got bearing of picked up new bearing finished refit last night test drive tonight.
IMG_20220305_124250.jpg

IMG_20220305_124259.jpg

IMG_20220306_163822.jpg

IMG_20220307_182019.jpg
IMG_20220307_182024.jpg

IMG_20220307_182026.jpg

IMG_20220307_182038.jpg

Great pictures. How did the test drive go? All silent? Opposite side sound okay?

Test drive tonight when I get home. Started car on ramp put into 1st and 2nd gear and brought speed up with car on ramp jacking beam on ramp had front wheels off the ramp all going round no noise so hopefully test drive under load will be all good 👍.
Got mot Friday
Tempting fate that the otherside will fail now?

Last edited:
Past its test drive tonight so got fish and chips 20 mile round trip 👍😁

past its mot today (y)(y)(y)

not started any of them up latley bet one of them will have a flat battery when i got to start them at weekend DOH,

not started any of them up latley bet one of them will have a flat battery when i got to start them at weekend DOH,
Should get yourself a charger to leave on the car for when you are not using them for a while.

Last edited:
Got 3 chargers 2 trickle and 1 that you can you use to jump start as well won it in a competition 👍. Pony and TA should be OK the audi might flounder a bit or need a charge,???

Bit might have another job at weekend the Duster fuel gauge is stuck on 3/4 full when it's full up so might be the sense unit or dash board digital or bad connection on line about 100quid for sender unit let's hope its a bad connection

Got 3 chargers 2 trickle and 1 that you can you use to jump start as well won it in a competition 👍. Pony and TA should be OK the audi might flounder a bit or need a charge,???

Bit might have another job at weekend the Duster fuel gauge is stuck on 3/4 full when it's full up so might be the sense unit or dash board digital or bad connection on line about 100quid for sender unit let's hope its a bad connection
When the guage is reading full its it lower resistance, and when epmty the resistance rises? could it be a bad earth increasing resistange so the guage dosn't go to full?

Fired up the Mustang earlier, didn't want go at first but at least it allowed the oil to get around a bit. First start this year!

remember E5 fuel chris not E10 (y)

I knooowah, I even run my daily (54 plate Honda Accord) on E5, much more whizzier!

Back