What have you done to your vehicle today?

No pictures on test run????

Not on car but repaired the garden trailer wheels new valves and resealed 3 in total saved taking to garage to do them. Only 10quid in pack of valves and paste
IMG_20220327_094451.jpg

IMG_20220327_094457.jpg

Lol. You might of stopped and spotted something???

Sorry folks, not been on for a while 😳
Saleen messaged me to ask what I've been up to (cheers Darren 👍).
Not done much to either Pontiac apart from just putting the Grand Prix on eBay again. Hopefully it sells this time as I could do with the money and space. Oh, I did re MOT on it late January too. Went straight through.
I have also had to rebuild one of my boat engines as it had sea water go in the exhaust manifold which seized it up! Luckily I got away with only new rings and honing the cylinders (They are 3 litre straight 4's).
IMG_20220121_171349_524.jpg
IMG_20220122_183213_310.jpg
IMG_20220117_200332_568.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220122_183213_310.jpg
    IMG_20220122_183213_310.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Replied to message b4 seeing this doh lol. Good luck with rebuild more pictures we need more pictures lol. Very lucky the salt water didn't do more damage

Replied to message b4 seeing this doh lol. Good luck with rebuild more pictures we need more pictures lol. Very lucky the salt water didn't do more damage
Lol. No probs, at least you had the same idea re posting about the boat engine 👍😁.
Thanks. Yeah, it could have been much worse. It's mostly back together now, just needs the sump, tappets setting up and ancillaries fitted. I will run it up on the floor before it goes back in. I'll post a video of that 😉
Here's a couple of pics before it was back together
IMG_20220330_124634_504.jpg
IMG_20220330_164847_128.jpg

After market valve paste then no chemico lol... I remember doing the valves on my chevy with the hand tool and paste. bet you enjoyed doing that glad it wasn't a v8.

After market valve paste then no chemico lol... I remember doing the valves on my chevy with the hand tool and paste. bet you enjoyed doing that glad it wasn't a v8.
Yeah, good ol' eBay for the paste 😁
Well, I started off with the hand sucker then remembered I have one that goes in the drill, so that was a bit quicker. They seemed to lap in OK with a nice grey band around the seats.

Don't forget the bew fuel E5 to E10 fuel might have an effect on it

I got the rebuilt boat engine started today. This was actually the second attempt, it did fire up in the garage just for a few seconds before this clip, but without any cooling water. It runs OK but the starter or flywheel ring gear sounded like it was slipping. It was doing that much worse in the boat before but it was partly seizing up then, so may have damaged the starter or something. I will investigate and sort that before it goes back in the boat.
Yeah, I know it's not a car, but it is an engine at least...and American 😁👍

We will forgive you this once lol... Bet you please it now up and running. Its nice wen things work👍

At least its nearer to testing the tarmac unlike the red camaro in waterlooville lol. 😁

Last edited:
Back