What have you done to your vehicle today?

Might look see if rockauto see duster parts as I have ordered KYB shocks for the Duster from motor factors the p t ice varied from 54 to 86 quid each. Might even have got them quicker lol

Might look see if rockauto see duster parts as I have ordered KYB shocks for the Duster from motor factors the p t ice varied from 54 to 86 quid each. Might even have got them quicker lol
Plus you could get a fridge magnet.
If Rockauto do the parts it could be cheaper and quicker. I guess it will depend on the part too.

Play time again put the Duster back together today with new drop links. Top mounts. Struts and springs now to book it in for alignments next week.
IMG_20220129_151427.jpg

IMG_20220129_092432.jpg

IMG_20220129_091640.jpg

IMG_20220129_091250.jpg

lol, soo many parts they were delivered in a wheel barrow.

Hope that TransAm isn't turning into a workbench, you already have a silver workbench for stuff like that.

Lol😁😁

finished my power seats
IMG_20220130_133249.jpg

i then had another look for the tilt steering column which is proving hard to find [think i will give up looking ] and ended up buying the GT gauge option

GT gauge option pictures pictures we need pictures lol,

tilt colum didnt pontiac do tilt colums sure my TA has tilt but might be wrong and would it fit your car??

Helix HEXSTCOL2B - Helix Tilt Steering Columns​

can not supply pictures of gauges yet cos they are still in America. have looked at aftermarket steering columns but i have decided on OE

don't think i will find a new one will keep looking on flepay something will turn up one day. i am in no rush got gauge project to think about now. just ordered the sender units for the engine and something from MSD to make the tach work. now i need to work out how to turn the ammeter into a voltmeter.

Had a play with the Chevy for 15mins. There is a bolt that holds in the lower control arm to the chassis, this bolt s pretty much seized. Using penetration oil, I can just about get the bolt to move, it goes through a metal sleve of the control arm and out the other side. I think this bolt and metal sleve have now become one over the years. This metal sleve has rubber around to connecting to the control arm. Turning the bolt is great resistance and rubbery, you can turn it slow but not fast, feels like the bolt and sleve are together and its slipping on the rubber.
May try some heat without burning the rubber.

15mins that's got to be a record lol. You know the rules pictures lol.

Had good service from desert Valley autos but was a few years ago now as sold the el camino.

The CRV failed the MOT recently on, among a few other things, rust!
It's on a 56 plate and the tester said that rust is quite unusual for one of those. But it has been partly reversed into the sea a couple of times launching boats in the past, so there you go!!!
It just needed a couple of patches to the front of the rear inner arches at the ends of the sills.
IMG_20220113_195500_970~3.jpg
IMG_20220113_195302_257~3.jpg

You welding it or getting garage to do?

Weld done. See what I did there lol

Back