What have you done to your vehicle today?

More like brial for blind people lol

I can read quite nicely thank you but the text wasn’t there when I posted and given Saleens history of assumption I got it in quick. And reading BRAILLE would be easier than what you didn’t post!

View attachment 161818View attachment 161817View attachment 161819

working on the dacia duster today, had knocking on car found center bearing support for prop shaft split and also found the rear brake material had come away from shoe inside drum wow, we hurd knocking yesterday when we moved car from drive to ramp and wen we took car of ramp the rear wheel locked up so luck it didnt happen on the road so now waiting on lots of parts as exhaust hanger rubber is very soft as well
Bet you wish if was a Plymouth Duster.
Didn't think the Dacia dusters have been around long, looking at the car you are working on looks like it's 20 years old. Perhaps a quick patch up and get rid of it before more things start to happen.

Summit racing have stock of the correct type of carbs if you wanted to identify and fit the correct one and ditch the Holley.
Thanks for that. I've not used Summit before so the info is useful and welcome. I've already ordered the kit for the Holley but returning to a standard carb could be an option. From what I can see, everything else is standard, so I doubt there would be any negatives by going back to a standard carb.

2014 duster. Ecp don't list rear brakes so local motors or Renault on Monday prop shalf center bearing depends on prop shaft as 1st gen can't rebuild so 400quid 2nd gen 50quid but a faf to change so waiting game at the mo,

Summit easy to use I brought a carb from them bolted straight already set up and turned its never missed a beat I rebuild mine with a rockauto kit wasn't very good so brought a reman from summit.

Summit easy to use I brought a carb from them bolted straight already set up and turned its never missed a beat I rebuild mine with a rockauto kit wasn't very good so brought a reman from summit.
Thanks for that. Rockauto have standard carbs too from £230 plus shipping. As I've already ordered the kit, I'll try rebuilding the Holley first and see how that goes.

Going to take the other brake drum of the Duster ( named the car for you lol) see if any damage to that side even tho I will be changing all the brake shoes tempted to do the cylinders as well? At least it will be ready to put back together once all parts turn up..

Going to take the other brake drum of the Duster ( named the car for you lol) see if any damage to that side even tho I will be changing all the brake shoes tempted to do the cylinders as well? At least it will be ready to put back together once all parts turn up..
In my experience of drum brakes, if you peel back the end rubbers of the cylinders and it is still dry underneath (no brake fluid) and provided the pistons can be moved, they'll probably be OK to leave. It'll save having to crack open the hydraulic system and bleed it if you don't have to and if there were no problems with it.

This is the other side yes agree think we will leave the cylinder alone. But new spring brake kit ordered as well.
IMG_20210103_103521.jpgIMG_20210103_103143.jpg

it has been through alot of water and some very bad roads and tracks laterly and with propshalft as well just got to wait now on parts bet it dosnt all turn up for next weekend ??

so you have to go on line to get the instruction sheet thats nice

Agree, everything has turned up now so my weekend is going to be putting car back together brakes first then replace old exhaust hangers then remove prop shaft to replace center bearing , oil change i did last weekend so one job ticked of list, no rush now as just heard the news wales into another 3wk lockdown

IMG_20210110_111052.jpgIMG_20210110_102250.jpg
Wrong brakes taken back and re ordered and center bearing is a right PITA

Drove it. Just a couple of miles each way but enough to get it warm.
Pulling on to a dual carriageway on the way home i was suddenly reminded I’m only running summer tyres on it! 😮💩

Back