What have you done to your vehicle today?

Might have one wrapped up in Christmas paper - not long until I find out :) :) :) :)

Fluids now changed after 2nd start up and test for leaks changed the sump plug with new one see if I can get new o ring for it and then it can be used again.
IMG_20201220_112620.jpg

As mentioned in a couple of previous posts doh. Recap just for you in these strange times. Lol. I replaced leaking seals on steering rack replaced track rod ends replaced power steering hose and replaced leaking o ring seal on oil cooler filter spacer. ran car up to temp no leaks did it again yesterday with turning steering to check power steering no leaks so changed oil and filter and topped up power steering she is all good to good now once wheels put back on if we have anything to goto next year with this new covid????

Last edited:
As mentioned in a couple of previous posts doh. Recap just for you in these strange times.

You have several cars. You could be working on any of them and a random picture of a sump plug has zero relation to a power steering rack which was the project previously mentioned.
As said, I’m not psychic.

Thanks for the info 👍. Sounds like a good product.
I have ordered one to try in the Grand Prix, but our daily drivers steam up too on cold mornings, so we may end up ordering more lol.
Use to have them in the Camaro. I also used to put them in my 3rd gen. The ones I used in my 3rd gen were silica bags, we used to put them in electronic signs to stop the glass misting up, so there were some spare that I used in my Firebird.

Had the dehumidifier in the garage for a while day. 80% humidity at 10 deg C. It's taken about 100ml of water out the air in around 4 hours. It dosn't seem damp, just wanting to keep on top of it by not letting it get damp. The floor isn't quite level by the door not a perfect seal, and only a about 10cm of inches where it dips by 3mm at most. A little water can seep under the door. I will resolve that on a dry day. Great to see the dehum grabbing water from the air.

Use to have them in the Camaro. I also used to put them in my 3rd gen. The ones I used in my 3rd gen were silica bags, we used to put them in electronic signs to stop the glass misting up, so there were some spare that I used in my Firebird.

Had the dehumidifier in the garage for a while day. 80% humidity at 10 deg C. It's taken about 100ml of water out the air in around 4 hours. It dosn't seem damp, just wanting to keep on top of it by not letting it get damp. The floor isn't quite level by the door not a perfect seal, and only a about 10cm of inches where it dips by 3mm at most. A little water can seep under the door. I will resolve that on a dry day. Great to see the dehum grabbing water from the air.
As an update, the one we ordered to try arrived and we've had it in the Civic. The windows are definitely much less misted up than without it, so we will be ordering another two for the CRV and GP.
Glad to hear you're keeping on top of any damp in your garage. Mine is a dead loss in that department at the moment. My plan is to either dry line it or clad the outside walls eventually.

Walked under the Camaro to plan for future work. Looking at where the fuel pipes terminate.

How much is a remanufacture one from summit????

It's an 1850-3. I have ordered a rebuild kit. Probably worth a shot at £37.
Yeah certainly worth a shot.
If you need anything carb related give http://www.realsteel.co.uk/ a go. They keep some stock and have been really helpful on the phone. Website is dated, but they have soo much knowledge.

IMG_20210102_113952.jpg
IMG_20210101_112026.jpg
IMG_20210102_113956.jpg

working on the dacia duster today, had knocking on car found center bearing support for prop shaft split and also found the rear brake material had come away from shoe inside drum wow, we hurd knocking yesterday when we moved car from drive to ramp and wen we took car of ramp the rear wheel locked up so luck it didnt happen on the road so now waiting on lots of parts as exhaust hanger rubber is very soft as well

its in the write up DOH these Dodge owners what are they like lol

Back