What have you done to your vehicle today?

Because my solstice isnt driven regularly and she’s kept outside I keep a couple of big rechargeable silica gel packs in the car to prevent damp. Checked them yesterday and they’re ok for at least another week 🤣

Last edited:
Clio is doing a great job at commuting. Am able to get 2 full weeks out of a tankful (around 700 miles) and works out around 54 mpg. !!

Because my solstice isnt driven regularly and she’s kept outside I keep a couple of big rechargeable silica gel packs in the car to prevent damp. Checked them yesterday and they’re ok for at least another week 🤣

Got a car for for it ????

Clio is doing a great job at commuting. Am able to get 2 full weeks out of a tankful (around 700 miles) and works out around 54 mpg. !!
Put fuel in the Kia in Feb, then May and then October. Still running on Octobers fuel, but then I don't travel to work.

Got a car for for it ????
The Grand Prix lives outside too and the windows do steam up this time of year. I've wondered about a solution. Do you find the silica gel packs help?

Fitted shiney bits should have taken photos before I put the wheels back on
IMG_20201213_133132.jpg
IMG_20201213_133120.jpg

with the grease nipples down the one on the axel looked vulnerable to damage to me. i can just about get to them as fitted. oddly the instructions that came with them said they will never need regreasing. but if i change my mind or are persuaded otherwise it's only 2 bolts could turn both over in 1/2 hour

I have heard but cannot confirm that 'Cat Litter' is also good for soaking up moisture.

I have heard but cannot confirm that 'Cat Litter' is also good for soaking up moisture.

That is absolutely correct :) but more for spilt oil etc

It will absorb moisture in general, but....
1: It’s sold in bags that are generally far bigger than needed.
2: it’s not re-usable.
3: it’s not cheap, in part due to 1 & 2.
4: it’s messy.

The re-usable silica bags work well. They have an indicator on the bag that says when they have absorbed all they can. Once that appears, pop them in the microwave and they are ready to go again. How long do you cook them for? Well that varies on the size of the bsg and the power of your microwave. Ours take 4.5mins each.

It will absorb moisture in general, but....
1: It’s sold in bags that are generally far bigger than needed.
2: it’s not re-usable.
3: it’s not cheap, in part due to 1 & 2.
4: it’s messy.

The re-usable silica bags work well. They have an indicator on the bag that says when they have absorbed all they can. Once that appears, pop them in the microwave and they are ready to go again. How long do you cook them for? Well that varies on the size of the bsg and the power of your microwave. Ours take 4.5mins each.
Thanks for the info 👍. Sounds like a good product.
I have ordered one to try in the Grand Prix, but our daily drivers steam up too on cold mornings, so we may end up ordering more lol.

Got wiper blades and exhaust O ring for turbo outlet,,,,biggest news is the magnets for ten quids worth of parts

Attachments

• 678663AC-357C-4E01-BAA2-ACBB632C5EE6.jpeg
    678663AC-357C-4E01-BAA2-ACBB632C5EE6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Magnets magnets. Valco wipers you can get them on line or euro car parts.
So what do people do with there magnets??

The Rockauto magnets are really useful for checking old cars for filler. They won’t damage paint and aren’t especially strong so if there is more than a fine layer of filler they won’t stick. Helps spot those carefully hidden repairs that are centimetres thick filler and zero steel.

Magnets magnets. Valco wipers you can get them on line or euro car parts.
I have taken my wiper arms to several motor factors within 150 mile radius of home and nobody could match the fixing,,,My magnets are on the fridge

Back