Sarah's 1991 Camaro

If not strutial could you cut access panel??

If not strutial could you cut access panel??
Access panel already cut. However to remove the pump you need to cut the pipes, unless access panel more than double the size. As the new assembly has nice new pipes I'm not going to cut them to get them in the access panel. Will mentioned he removed the tank in the firebird and it didn't seem too bad. Watched a youtube video of tank removal it seems simple enough. I have the gear, it's the proper way to do the job. Brought new axle stands too as only had 2 before. Now to decide do I do it over the pit.... It would have its advantaged to get access to disconnecting the pipes and changing the fuel filter, but may be a hindrence dropping the axle and tank.
New parts arriving today, they have left Fareham and out for delivery. So I can have a play over the weekend.

Access to the pump by dropping the tank. Easy access to the pipes from underneath. Looks like an easy clean way to do the job.

I have a couple of sheets if plasterboard and MDF stacked up being the Camaro. This is for the ceiling and some shelves. So my plan is to sway the Camaro and TransAm round, but really want to get rid if the plasterboard by putting it up on the ceiling. Can't do that just yet as waiting for FedEx abs can't hear them at the front doir from the garage. Also may need to make a trip to Sarah's dad's work place in Southampton so may not get much done on the cars in the garage today. Could get time to get some plasterboard up, going to run another network cable through the beams for a camera at a later date.
Also while. The Camaro is out I can finish the ring main sockets on that side of the. Garage and give the floor a vacuum. Looks like mice made a nest in the exhaust pipe that has blown out now.

Darren, I have been blessed by the rock auto magnet gods.
IMG-20201030-WA0002.jpeg

FPR came with some o-rings, but can't think what they are for. Perhaps different applications.
IMG_20201030_115632.jpg

IMG_20201030_115645.jpg

get the little jobs done that you mentioned should take to long then have time to concentrate on the camaro over the pit , (y)

Well no updates yet apart from. Clearing up bench space into boxes, like electrical crimps, screws. Also cut some batterns for the ceiling the screw to. Started to put blinds up in the lounger which requires some plastic trim to be glued around the edges of both windows. Still working on those things. Good to get a few things out of the way.
Still not found out why the fuel pressure regulator comes with all them o-rings.

I imagines there are all sorts of o-rings in there. Fuel inlet, fuel return, etc. I would have it on the bench and pull it apart.
No o-rings in the inlet or return pipe, only o-rings on the fuel rail is injectors, which is why its a bit puzzling.

If it’s universal I hope the spring pressure is correct....?
Me too, never has a wrong part form RockAuto before, just select the car chose the grade, I didn't go for lowest price, out of the 4 went for 2nd most expensive. I believe the V8 and V6 use the same FPR and believe it around 40psi.

shame uk motor factors not as good as rockauto,

Moved it tonight. Swept the floor while both cars out.
IMG_20201102_200833.jpg

Back