Hindhead Tunnel Run

So long as it doesn't end up on police chases gone bad, that wouldn't be so good ;)

Just managed to get back on here after house move, computer got ruined (the one I used for here, and didnt know login/password etc...arghhh) and been busy setting up a new business so hope to be more normal next year, and join you guys more often.
Wondering if anybody from Portsmouth (Copnor area would be better) has a spare seat tommorow for this. Would love to tag along, and will bring hi-res video cam etc (although somebody else can edit/upload it, if any good, as I fail dismally with all that data, last cruise I filmed used around 1gig, and my computer seemed to baulk at the idea of doing anything with it. Suspect it was on way out before the move so new one may not.)

Back to original request....anybody have a spare seat?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Forgot to mention, I am house trained, and car trained, and have been known to fix cars with mere sticky tape, and a penknife in the past....lol
If you have electrical problems, I can advise free of charge in return, otherwise I may just have to drive up in the old Golf, and watch from a distance (sob sob)

Neil

Well I should have a at least rear seat spare. I'm not near copnor, but perhaps you could leave your car at Morrisons Horndean and hop in.

Yeah hope the sun is to stay. May even give the car a clean today. Do we have an idea of how many are going?

I would like to take you up on that offer Dan....but would you have 2 spare seats in the back. The misses would like to come as well. If not, we will just come anyway, and watch and listen from a normal car....

Neil

Some photos....

IMG_6258.jpgIMG_6266.jpgIMG_6259.jpgIMG_6260.jpgIMG_6263.jpgIMG_6264.jpgIMG_6265.jpgIMG_6262.jpgIMG_6261.jpg

That was a fun day wasn't it. One i was really looking forward too, and one i thoroughly enjoyed... from beginning to end.
Thanks Darren, thanks Kev and a big thanks too .... to Malc, for my ride ! :)

A most enjoyable day, enhanced by meeting Ray from London in his white Trans-Am and being able to go through the tunnel, and on the southsea cruise in it.
A nice pub as well...must try and remember where it is, to revisit at some point.

Neil

Just put a couple of clips together. The view from the t-top of the Trans-Am. There is quite a bit of wind noise though.
[video=youtube;x4mmAwcuY6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mmAwcuY6w[/video]
On the way back though the tunnel, you can hear a siren type noise, at 5:34 into the video, I think it was the Ferrari as that was a few cars ahead, very strange noise.

On the front page of this website seen by clicking on the 'home' button. There are various articles about previous events etc.. Well I think it would be nice to do a write up about the Hindhead tunnel run. This will include photos, the link to the main edited video or many peoples videos put together and a bit of writing about how it was organised, where we met, where we went.

The Renegades Hindhead tunnel run was organised by Darren Lines via Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/hindhead.tunnelrun/, the club forum and also talked about on club nights. The date was arranged for 21st August 2011. We all met in the industrial estate behind Morrisons, Horndean, to leave at 2pm ish. The huge long line of of American day vans and cars we could instantly see this was going to be a huge convoy. We knew many people would want to video this event, so we had some time to set up out camera before we left. The horn was sounded and our convoy started. Joining the A3 at a good speed we all kept together.
Getting close to the tunnel it almost felt like goose bumps, all these American vehicles around you, it was such a great feeling. A good buzz, entering the tunnel, and going deeper and deeper underground. Hearing the rumble of surrounding V8's. Seeing people around you with their cameras taking pictures. It wasn't long before the end of the tunnel was seen. Once we exited the tunnel we took the first turning off. Re-grouped, went across bridge over the A3 and then heading South back though the tunnel again. Another great trip though the tunnel, many cars again, slightly different ones, as we weren't over taking (which is a good thing in a tunnel) but you kinda stay with the car next to you or a couple may go past. Still most awesome feeling. Deep underground with the rumble of soo many V8's.
On the way back we turned off at Liphook to do to the (whats its name pub) a great collections of cars and vans. The sun was shining. We all sat in the garden mingling.
Many video links and photo gallery links to come...

If you have uploaded the photos or videos to the internet, please pass on the link so it can be added to this article on the event.

Feel free to edit the write up. Put in any bits to like. Let everyone know how much fun we had. :thumbup1:

Such an amazing day and thoroughly enjoyed it. H just didn't want to stop driving Bazza as we originally weren't going to go on the cruise. We got home at 10:30pm by the time we Bazza back in workshop!! Really enjoying watching all the videos too.

[video=facebook;10150351108552930]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150351108552930&comments&notif_t=like[/video]

[video=youtube;ZzKYC0ImIfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKYC0ImIfY&feature=related[/video]
Is this Paul and Sue? as they come out of the tunnel it looks like night time, did they do a cruise without us? lol.

[video=youtube;ZzKYC0ImIfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKYC0ImIfY&feature=related[/video]
Is th
is Paul and Sue? as they come out of the tunnel it looks like night time, did they do a cruise without us? lol.

Yes hun they done it a couple of weeks ago at midnight, hence the reason why we want to do it in the dark, should be fun with all the knight rider lights going ha ha xxxxx

just an idea chaps on the midnite run i'll take the cruiser and sit on side lane and film u all passing us lights ablaze ??????

just an idea chaps on the midnite run i'll take the cruiser and sit on side lane and film u all passing us lights ablaze ??????
Sounds like a good idea. What lane were you thinking of? going slower in the left lane and we all pass in the right lane?

Sounds like a good idea. What lane were you thinking of? going slower in the left lane and we all pass in the right lane?
yeh can do but cruiser is right hand might be easier on the other side or i could get nat to sit in back and film you all passin us

Back