Garage Plans

looking good

IMG_20191112_153708.jpg

Are you having a huge single door or two with a divider? Also, are you lining the garage and insulating ( I may have missed earlier posts about this.) And, you might want to consider a de-hufidifier with an externanal drain so it can run 24-7. Before I had my wood garage built I was extracting 5 litres a day!

Having just one door 4.7m wide. I was thinking that way I could park in the middle and have all the doors wide open and walk around it, or park two cars in there.
The walls will have thermolite blocks on the inside with a 2 inch cavity, there will be insulation in the gap with an air gap too.
Dehumidifyer is a good idea, that 5 liters is a lot each day. I can put in an external drain.

5 liters is a great deal. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t something else going on there like an underground water source.

It was an old brick built garage with an up and over door. Barely room for the 68 inside. I'm not aware of a water course running underneath, not a problem now with the insulated wood build.

IMG_20191113_161446.jpg

IMG_20191113_160917.jpg

Floor is good to walk on, Thermolite blocks going in.
Steel guy coming tomorrow to measure up.

Been driving the Camaro? It’s turned around hasn’t it?
Yes It has turned around, you spotted it. Where we had the concrete truck on the drive we had to push the camaro out, and push it back on the drive.

Tried it yet with both cars in garage or a car over pit to make sure all ok don't forget garage will be just over a foot 12 to 18 inches smaller once the internal wall goes in.

Last edited:
Tried it yet with both cars in garage or a car over pit to make sure all ok don't forget garage will be just over a foot 12 to 18 inches smaller once the internal wall goes in.
Done some sketches in 3D to get an idea of size. The garage has gone as big as possible taking into account boundaries and not loosing too much garden. The depth of the garage measures 6.3 meters, the width is around 7 meters on the internal walls. We have used tap measures to get an idea of the car over the pit. We wont be able to open the car doors wide with 2 cars in there, but then we couldn't really go any bigger, so I'll have to make the most of what space I have. The builder says the garage is massive, biggest one he has done, he has done doubles before. If I need to take a door off the car for any reason, I can open it fully on the work bench side, or could just have one car in there.

The builder say says the Steel Man will be coming today, I kept thinking what does he look like, we know what Iron Man looks likes, have they brought out a new character?
1573722269325.png

IMG_20191114_084105.jpg

IMG_20191114_091923.jpg

IMG_20191114_161934.jpg

Delivery of thermolite blocks arrived so we had to push Sarah's car back. Part if the boot in thr garage now,

Chatted to the garage floor people, they called me for a chat, and emailed me though a quote for the same ones I have a sample for and for ones which can handle a jack and axle stands. It comes with ramp parts too, also you can have a logo printed on the tiles.

Thinking of getting a couple of tiles printed, perhaps a Sponge bob one and a modern Pontiac logo.

PONTIAC-LOGO.jpg

Although this logo could look nice.
lkjwxucfycb9pse6lfez_2000x.jpg

Like the tile picture idea mybe have a few diferant ones chevy ford but not dodge lol,

The tiles will be black. This could work well.

pontiacc_1024x1024.jpg

you laid the tube for the power cablefor the pit or you going to disc cut a channel in for the cable ???? cant see cable in picture