E.f.i.

renchero

me and my big mouth. been reading about efi for some time and decided to get one for the ranchero. would have liked to have had multi point, but could not find one for the clevland engine.
so bought a msd atomic throttle body system from summit racing. dont know why i chose this make , but chose summit because they are about £400.00 cheaper than buying it in England.
no picture yet 1 because its not received it yet & 2 i will need to workout how to post a picture. will try to keep this thread up dated but it will be slow as i plan to fit it to January.

Yay - look forward to reading this :)

Nice, sounds very interesting.

We are here to help if you need to help in uploading picture's.

007.jpg parcel arrived 27th August ordered 15th august

nice, box of goodies.

Is this a plan over the winter to get fitted?

yes my winter project, will need to get a few more bits to get the best out of it.

UPDATE UPDATE ref more parts required the suspence is killing us :becky::becky:

Read a lot about this for a long time before starting .It dose not need a fuel return line back to the tank. which is handy because the Ranchero has not got one,But most on line forums i have read say it will run better with one.So i will be getting a fuel pressure regulating valve and fitting a return line. will need to remove petrol tank and weld in a connection, so if you hear a very loud bang from the park gate area you will know i got it wrong,:peep:

Scary stuff welding the tank. Maybe fill the tank with water to force out any remaining flammable vapour.

Good luck with that, remember we need before and after pictures of tank even if it explodes :heh:

got the return line kit on Wednesday so now all i need is the time to fit it. as they say it can be done in a weekend i had better allow about a month.

got the return line kit on Wednesday so now all i need is the time to fit it. as they say it can be done in a weekend i had better allow about a month.

I'll be interested in how you get on. My long term plans for the TATA include an engine swap and plan on running a similar setup.

Good luck :thumb:

it seem's i need some form of anti surge device so looking into putting the pump inside the tank as done in all modern cars or using a second small tank feed by a low pressure
pump. first idea is best, it's neater and quieter though i will have to cut a big hole in the tank to fit it

Yep, you don't want to end up like Malc, he lost some hair and still hasn't grown back.

Back