E.f.i.

just purchased a in tank pump with fixing kit from tanks inc, to allow me to retro fix into original tank. this is to ensure that the fuel pick up tube is always under fuel when the tank is part full. carburetors don't need this because the float bowl keeps it running for those few seconds.

Nice, remember picture's of progress as build progress

ok i will do lots of picture's when i start the build

finally made a start on this drained out the tank [ 10 gallons ], letting it vent wile i do the other bits. PB050038.jpg
then swapped the carb for the efi and air cleaned to check hood clearance.PB050037.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you have made some good progress there. :yo:

painting the old fuel tank trap marks where the tank straps go??? so how's it all going we need more details we need the ins and outs of the install progress

controller on bulkhead picture to follow [seem to have lost them] marks on petrol tank are where i sprayed it with stone chip in situe. might strip it all off and repaint it.
the lump of Plasticine an the air cleaner is to check hood clearance

PB090046.jpg efi is under the cover marked msd
PB090047.jpg this is the power module it controls the fuel pump,electric cooling fans x2. i have. and the purple wire behind the bracket is for the nitro. i do not have
PB090048.jpg tidied up the wiring, time consuming but cheap to do and looks a lot better that tying it to existing
PB120049.jpg this switch is not in the wiring diagram, it shuts off power in the event of a crash

Well i know what's on the xmas list this year to complete install
images

Install coming on nice have to agree with cable tidy
Didn't have that cable tidy stuff when i did my boot wiring did the best i could.
bap2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the nos would be fun but not the route i am going on the ranchero. the wire wrap and other wiring bit come from vehicle wiring products
PB140002.jpg fuel pressure regulator. zip ties will be replaced when i find something better looking.
PB140006.jpg need to cut a 4.5 inch round hole in the tank, the area around the hole also needs to be flat so i did this.
PB140001.jpg then made this to fill in the space. the ring is to screw the pump assembly to.
PB140007.jpg welded in
PB140008.jpg part cut from tank. a new tank would be nice but are not available and used ones have shipping problems.

Nice bit of metal fabrication how long did that take ??

a few more pictures. finished the tank, went to refit it then found out i had bought the wrong pipe fittings so now waiting for new fittings PB160001.jpgPB160002.jpgPB180003.jpgPB180004.jpgPB180005.jpg

Wow, looking great. They look like similar fittings I went for from Speedflow in the UK.

Coming along very nice, is there a gasket between tank and new housing ?? cant see one in picture

Wow, looking great. They look like similar fittings I went for from Speedflow in the UK.

there would seem to be lots of very similar looking fitting for different types of hose. i got the right thread, right hose i/d, wrong hose o/d. hopefully the next lot will be right

Back