Coming soon

Excellent!! It looks in lovely condition too. Soo happy for you and great to see another Pontiac among us. Looking forward to catching up with you both at shows this year (y)

Ok so had a message sent to me today saying - “you realize your car was in an episode of coronation street!!!!” Nothing more said. So we both did some searching and found the episode (ep8719) dated 28th August 2015!

Here are a couple of screenshots from said episode:

8223F776-1CAE-4C5E-8E8C-83529B3E4D74.jpeg
B12581B4-7621-46DE-B3C7-A0B801BFFDFD.jpeg

Have a video clip too - just waiting to see how can host it :)

Obviously the stripes are not present but they could have been added anytime. Also note that the wheels are black and not chrome but again these could have been plasti-dipped for the episode.
The interior is definitely correct and given how few Solstice there are in the UK it’s definitely a possibility.

Had confirmation .........

The car “did” appear in Coronation Street. It was shown using the registration LK57 KNZ as the Granada studios staff have to anonymise the car.

After it was returned to the then owner continued to drive around on the fake plates for some time. But crucially the vin matches - my car was a star. As I suggested the stripes have been added since. Here is a picture showing the false plate on set.

C08E09E3-B09C-4561-AB08-CBB67F6B5DF5.jpeg

Last edited:
Will you be printing out an information board to go in the window or on a stand at the front of the car. This sort of history will make interesting reading.

Yes Dan, I will be printing something off :) :)

Back