Coming soon

an88fiero

Super Moderator
So those of you who have known me for a while (and because of my username), I used to have a Pontiac Fiero.

I loved that car and owned her for many years but the time came to sell her and I bought the Chevy Astro and a folding caravan to use for our holidays.

I always say now that I miss the Fiero as we did so much to her and I do regret selling her.

Anyway I have now made the decision to buy another car but wanted a modern version of the Fiero - which happens to be Pontiac Solstice.

Having looked for cars in the UK i found my options limited - in fact there was only one lol

So as of tonight - I have just parted with a small amount of money for a tech inspection on a car in Chicago with a view to privately importing to the UK!

Pictures will follow once I have agreed the purchase and she’s starts her journey over here!

Exciting and nervous times ahead!!!!!

Good luck

Nice one! :cool:
When I worked for a company some years ago, I came back from lunch one day and there was a gunmetal grey Solstice parked in our company car park. I remember thinking what a mean, awesome looking car it was. I kept looking out of the window periodically as I wanted to ask the owner about it, but he must have jumped in and dtove off quickly, so I didn't get to.

Best of luck with the car. It will be great to have another Pontiac back on the team! (y)

So the inspection is booked for Wednesday - fingers crossed :) :)

Certainly worth importing. Shipping is reasonable. Make sure you have a receipt of what you paid. This will be used in the import tax calcs. Then you need the IVA test, which mainly consists of altering lights.
Saved £10k buying the TA in the states. I would do it again if I needed another American car.

I’m using shipmycar who deal with everything including picking it up from dealer in Chicago and transporting to New York and then over the pond to UK. They then deal with the import fees etc, transfer to a warehouse in Milton Keynes and do all the IVA and registration - everything! The only thing we do is part with the money and then pick it up from Milton Keynes :)

That's good they do it all. Do they inspect it in Chicago, report any faults so there are no surprises when it arrives? That's good they can do all stuff for you, it's kinda insurance as you have someone to complain to.
I took the more risky route, I could have had a lot of problems, but was lucky.

Yes they inspect it and road test it at the dealership before I pay for the car ;)

They even give you a tracker to see its process once it’s under way :) :)

That's really good. Puts your mind at rest as you know it's all being taken care of.

Always liked the Fiero, there was one for sale a while back in Romsey which I was tempted by. Good luck, hoping the one you've found is OK.

Always liked the Fiero, there was one for sale a while back in Romsey which I was tempted by. Good luck, hoping the one you've found is OK.
was it a white 1988 GT?

This one?

Attachments

• 93CF09CF-4AA4-428C-9A87-E07DDC36F2A4.jpeg
    93CF09CF-4AA4-428C-9A87-E07DDC36F2A4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Think someone from the CanAm area brought it, it appeared at one of our shows after you sold it.

That’s right. Elaine and Roy bought it. He suffered from a bad back so struggled to get in and out of it - so sold it :(

Possibly, certainly the right colour. The one I saw was for sale in a dealership in Romsey for about £7.5k.
That’ll probably be the one ....... :). Prices of Fiero’s have hit the roof however are they selling at that price? :)

Thanks Graeme.

Too high mileage, got a turbo and wrong colour lolol

The one I’m interested in in Chicago should have been inspected today - just waiting for results then assuming all on - hopefully can do a deal and start the ball running :)

Back