Black Magic - Under New Management - The Next Generation Pt 1.

MRKRYS69

Core Member
I have had some really great days in my life, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING compares to 11th October 2009.

Clarissa my (one day she will be my) wife, was 8 months pregnant at the time.

It was around 5AM when I was rudely awoken by her in the bedroom doorway panicking, whils stood in a puddle, yes the waters had broken, it was happening, and no I wasn't gonna see my bed again that day!!
Bags were packed, mother (mine) was running round like a blue arsed fly, I was getting the van started (not a simple job), then offsky to St. Richards Hospital in Chichester we go.
The staff there couldn't be more welcoming, there was even a midwife waiting at the door for us, ready to help Clarissa into a room already prepped for them to do an examination. After a quick check it was decided our little boy was to be born that very day, but not until the afternoon/evening, so I was instructed to P*** off and let her have some rest.

What do you do at 7am on a sunday? If I go home I will get nagged by my parents (yes we did, and still do live with my parents) for not being at the hospital, Van is an ex-minibus, and had a motorbike and other junk in the back, so couldn't have a kip in there. So went with the only other option, Tour of the car boot sales, this killed a couple of hours, then Clarissa calls and I had to go home to get some of her stuff, so then back to the hospital it is.

Next problem comes over my van, XLWB Transit minibus without seats, motorcross bike, generator and alot of tools in the back, where do I park it? Hospital car park doesn't have bays long enough, and charges ?1.60 per hour!! Park on the side of the road in Chichester, when I get back there will be 4 wheels and no van!! After a bit of contemplation I take the chance and park the van in a quiet side street and hope for the best. Get up to the ward, to be greeted by Clarissa and 'You took your time getting up here', I'm thinking, how did she even know I was here? Turns out if you looked out her window, there was a gap between 2 houses and you could clearly see my van parked in its space, couldn't of planned that any better!!

For me the day passed relatively quickly, for Clarissa it was probably the longest day of her life, there was no form of entertainment in the room so I bought my laptop in and tuned into an online radio station that I happen to be part of, this was particularly nice as they spent the day sending well wishes and playing songs for us. Although as the evening came, Clarissa was not greatly enjoying the mixture of gas and air partnered up with the wonderful sounds of Pink Floyd.

Anyway our Story ends here at 23:37 with the Birth of my son Jamie, and what I can quite honestly say was the happiest day of my life.

I am sure everyone out there who has kids will agree that there is nothing like that feeling of becoming a parent for the first time. And to Tracey and H, you will find this out very soon.

Enjoy it, coz they grow up real fast!!

To be continued............

P.S. Very proud of my little man who as of today everytime he sees BM, says ' Daddy Broom Magic ' Get in there son!!

Ah i love reading your blogs. They are always fun to read and this is a lovely story. I like the way you have started Jamie at a young age too. He is a little Renebaby for sure x

Back