McDonalds seems to be going down hill.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A few weeks back myself and Sarah fancied a McDonals, saw the queue for the drive through, so we went in side. Ordered just the regular meals, nothing fancy. There was racks and racks of bagged food on the shelves, about 15 deliveroo drivers hovering around, some waiting there a while. Well we were there around 30mins waiting for our take away food to come out. Some of the food on the shelves was still there from when we arrived.
Since Deliveroo has started working wit McDonals its taking ages to come out, and the people that do get it delivered it must be cold.

Anyway knowing that Waterlooville was slow, I was coming back from Park Gate, thinking I'd get a quarter pounder with cheese meal with a coffee (as the coffee machine dosn't work in waterlooville) Nipped in there grab food and be out. Well its not that simple. I was in the Trans-Am so going around the drive though dosn't work too well unless I turn the engine off so they can hear me, plus I'm sitting on the wrong side, and the days of going around there in reverse have passed.
So I found a parking space near the entrance. Walked in, placed my order and nipped to the loo. There were loads of numbers on the board, none were mine yet. Loads of Delivero drivers some without approporate bags and got turned away. Food sitting on the shelfs again. Probably only 20mins for food to come out, so wasn't too bad. Got back to the car, managed to pull out of the space. Its a one way system and nothing was moving. A BWM just sitting there minfront of the 4x4 infront of me blocking the way, didn't appear to be anytihng in front of him. Many cars sitting on the other side of the car park with headlights on, are they going? well the 4x4 in front of me finally edges forward, only to abandon their vehicle on the cross hatchings outside McDonalds. The dont get out, just sit there behind the BWM which is also on the cross hatchings. It was f'ing tight, trying to sequeese through at an odd angle. I gave them some exhaust noise as I was very frustrated at this point sitting behing them for like 10mins. I get around the corner. There is a Jag on the right wanting to pull out of the parking space, and vehicles to my left with headlights on, perhaps they both want to pull out, I would be happy to let one go in front of me, but then thinking so not to cause arguments between them to, I'll just edge forward. Still taking ages to get out, probably in the area of 20 mins to get out of the car park now. Well it was time to give it beans on the motorway. It was still warm by the time I got home. Its really put me off going to McDonals now.

The good streamline one is Rownhams services, as no deliveroo drivers go there.

lamb burgers here lol,

Mac D here dose get busy at lunch times ( NONE OF THIS DELIVOOO CRAP) but cant get work van through the drive threw as to big, so i nip into burger king or on Wednesday is local market day in Mach have a curry van yummy and the Petrol station / Mac D is a nightmare completely garage only self service card payment no cash no counter staff ,

also Mac D prices have gone up

Mc D's has been going downhill for at least 10 years. Cant remember the last time I visited one.

Nothing like it used to be, but then again what is...

Went again earlier today, though the drive through in the Kia. Very slow. I think they are so over stretched, certainly not fast food anymore

I agree re McDonald's, the service has become awful in recent years. It's not really fast food any more. One other thing which annoys me, why do they hardly ever have milkshakes available?

Beleave you got new yank tank you not posted it shame on you lol.🤣.

Agree mac Donald's don't have milk shake that often.

Beleave you got new yank tank you not posted it shame on you lol.🤣.

Agree mac Donald's don't have milk shake that often.
Yeah, I know 😳. No excuse really, just too much other stuff going on... work, boating, family, diy etc etc 😩 😊.
I have indeed, need to post some pics 👍

Back