Banks closing what a PITA

saleen 192

Core Member

Bank are closing forcing us to go on line. Banks are closing due to their least is coming to an end. OK they have big building that are not in use just get a smaller building or convert top half of building to flats if they own it??

The older generation don't like Internet use don't trust the security they want to see a real person if you have no signal you can't use your device to pay for goods if you loose your phone and can't use money want you going to do??
You might keep using cards phone go over your agreed limit and be charged then you got to do phone service to sorted
We still need cash the older generation is getting larger we still need banks or at least one bank in each town or large village.

Yep, noticed NatWest had gone in Waterlooville when I went to get dollars for the USA trip. (no more sleeps and I'll be home, a long day though) got the dollars from the post orifice in the end.
When my builder guy used to do work so times he wanted a bundle if cash so used to go to the banks cashier and get like £1k to £3k out, now I need to go all the way to Cosham or havant to do that.
I do like having a bank in town, but I guess with less and less people using them it dosn't warrant them staying open. Loads and mortgages can all be done online or on the phone. I do prefer talking to a person in a bank though more than using technology.

Banks are forcing you to go on line by closing the branches yes some days they have low foot traffic in branch.

Point proved today cash is better. In greggs ordered breakfast begett customer next to me ordered 2 coffees went to pay with phone said error two errors phone and till had to finish serving me and then use other till to take there payment.

All to make room for coffee shops and mobility scooter shops it would seem.

The older generation still want bank and to do face to face transactions fir loans bills mortgage issues. OK alot of the younger generation are OK with phone apps and phone banking but when it goes wrong for what ever reason it's very hard to sort out unless you can go into bank.

When the banks close, their cash points close too. Our local supermarket has stopped doing cashback, it's makes things more difficult. I had to take my id to a bank recently. A few years ago I would have walked to the local bank, had my id photocopied and it would have been put into the file. Now, I had to drive to a temporary two days a week bank rep, have all my id and myself photographed on a tablet, this would not upload to the branch and resulted in me having to drive to Fareham, pay for the car park and having the whole process repeated and in total cost me a days work. How is this progress!

agree they are forcing us to quickly to on line when the systems are not there or not very secure or no network coverage, as you say when there is a problem to sort out it is a right PITA During covid they kept telling me to go on line i am not on line if i stop using bank they will close it and you will loose your job , you guess it bank is now closed think some of the staff work part time in a hub bank now crazy

I have liked tchnology but there is a point where we shouldn't be dependant on it.
On the recent trip to the states many people had their tickets on their phone. One of them wouldn't scan, and the other was waiting in the queuse as the phone was doing an update and couldn't display the ticket.
I prefer to print out my reservation paperwork, and get the actual ticket at the airport. Keep that bit of paper in your passport, job done, through security and the gate without using technology that could fail.

I helped Will out the other day with a deposit on the car. Problems with bank wire transfers then as the fraud squad stepped in saying you dont want to be buying that. Who are they to decide who you wire money to.... A wad a cash is so quick and simple.

Agree tec has in some cases made life a bit easier but not all in everyday life you proved two points above, we are an aging population and a lot don't want it on line or this phone banking , also easier to loose track of what you spend or be spammed scammed, if i have 10quid in my pocket i know i can spend 10quid for example,

There is a scam where someone looks at your phone over your shoulder while you access your bank. They then steal your phone and are able to log in. Internet banking is handy in the home, but makes us more vulnerable when on the move. The more I hear about iphones, the more I am glad I haven't got one!

this could be another reason they are closing banks???

If you go window shopping in Holland will the girls take card?

Dose swmnbo know you have them thoughts lol :) :)

Noticed at shows traders are using card machines more ,
cash is so much easier to budget with and less chance of having debt or getting into even more debt

Back