Banks closing what a PITA

Some places wanting to use a car machine on entrance to car shows too.
Personally I wouldn't fancy dabbing a card on a screen I cant see the amount to a card machine that isn't registered to a business.

Agree. At event today cash only as its all for charity they have to pay fees to card machine supplier. Food and drinks reasonable price as well. Take out the costs then rest to charity over 400 vechiles

I know it's in USA. But very good point people interaction and jobs. Been saying that to cashiers in banks they never under what I was saying now they don't have a job

Also if you are using a self service checkout should you get a discount as you are doing their job. Scanning abd packing. You are saving the supermarket money with less staff, so someone should benefit.

Trade unions in the 70s would agree with you. On that statement lol.🤣.

Seems silly paying by card when it's only a couple of quid. Also more car parking machines are card only and they sometimes ask for your reg no. too, so people are standing there with a purse, phone, card, keys, glasses etc, we're gonna need bigger hands

yet another nail in the coffin, bar stools the lot of them,

Its all about generally removing cash from use..... Use it or Lose it

Next up will be the need to scan a card to get INTO the store as there will be no cash tills, only self serve card only.

Its all about generally removing cash from use..... Use it or Lose it

Next up will be the need to scan a card to get INTO the store as there will be no cash tills, only self serve card only.
Wasn't there a shop that had that scanning card to let you in. Was it Lidl? Or perhaps that was to scan a app on the phone.
I like the days of just walking into a shop with cash in my pocket, no wallet no phone.
We rely too much on tech.

You are not wrong V8dve. Lots of shops now have signs up saying we prefer cash. Cost of pdq machine and percentage the card company takes as well.

Just found out my 'Local' TSB has closed! Nearest one now is Arundel St. Think I might take my business else where!

And, I forgot to add that they didn't even have the decency to write and tell me they were closing.

Agree chris it is totally wrong no respect for their customers at all.
i don't know about down south but a lot of shops now are saying we would prefer cash, at least they are doing their bit to try and keep cash .

i know its mostly younger to mid generation that use there phones to pay for goods, what happens when their phone breaks or gets lost or stops working or gets hacked? what are they going to do most are totally lost with out there phone,

Some common sense at last.

agree forcing us to use online or pay by phone rural areas it don't work poor or no signal aging population they want face to face easier to budget money, and this new thing about having access to cash every 3 miles lol that's a joke , where i live like many other in wales and properly others that live deep in the countryside my nearest town is 10 miles away are they going to put a cash point every 3 miles think not , in 1 direction about 10miles there is a small petrol station with a shop cash is king, if you went to llanfylan and went 10 miles towards mach little shop no phone signal go the other way 3 miles approx. no signal again would prefer cash great little shop for the rural community,

what about areas like devils dyke or beachy head they never had signal when i was living down south , again what happen if you have issue with your account you have to ring someone or try online to sort it out what a PITA

Back