Local takeways, cash or card?

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Thread kinda spawns from the chats on banks closing and places not taking cash, we got on to take away places. So perhaps it's worth creating a thread of our favourite take aways and do they take cash or card

For an Indian take away I recommend Milton Tandory, it's on that Milton road, Waterlooville. Usually get a chicken corma and naan bread. Food very consistent, never had a bad one. They only take cash

For Chinese, then Golden Leaf on Eagle avenue. They take cash.

For a chip shop. Then Sams fish bar on Milton road. Fish cooked while you wait, always very fresh. Chips are great too, good portions. This was cash only, although when I was there a couple of weeks ago, someone did pay be card. They used to tell people go down the road to use the cash point.

Not tried Milton Tandoori, do they have a restaurant as well? Used to use the one on Hambeldon road but quality is not good anymore.

For Chinese I use 'Lucky star' in Denmead, haven't been for while but used to cash only. Not had Fish n chips for years.

Milton Tandory does have the restaurant next door to the take away. I recall it used to be a green grocers around 40 years ago.

Indian takeaway last night. We would appreciate cash please when I paid.

The Widley Cottage Chinese takeaway at the end of our road used to only take cash until a couple of years ago. Now they will take card too, but the minimum spend is £10. Incidentally, one of the best Chinese takeaways I've ever used 👍

The Widley Cottage Chinese takeaway at the end of our road used to only take cash until a couple of years ago. Now they will take card too, but the minimum spend is £10. Incidentally, one of the best Chinese takeaways I've ever used 👍
Glad to see they take both, incidently, a friend of mine who used to live in that area still goes there even though he now lives in the Porchester area.

Glad to see they take both, incidently, a friend of mine who used to live in that area still goes there even though he now lives in the Porchester area.
I'm not surprised Chris, their food is pretty good. The only minor downside we've found is that there can be quite a wait for phoned-in orders at very busy times. But I guess that's to be expected with their popularity. I'd still highly recommend them though.

Mac Donald's yesterday had sign up cash only and guess what it was more busy than normal and the Indian take away said it would be apricaited if you could pay by cash . King prawn patia was very nice as well.

Back