Another big change in my life.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Recently I've made a few big changes in my life. Met someone that makes me really happy. I eat curry now, and tomato based pasta, this is all new to me.
As you will notice from my Trans-Am Rear end blog I'm having a few problems. I had to get mum back to Rowlands Castle and get down to Gosport, instead of getting a taxi, I thought it would be time to get a run about car. So I brought a Ford Fiesta Diesel. Now this is a big change for me, I'm not keen on Fords or French, but I desperately needed a car. In two months the money I save on fuel pays for the car. It does feel odd, as since I was 21, which was 1996, I have been driving a left hand drive American sports car every day, that's about 16 years. It does feel odd to not be in that routine.

Just got an insurance quote ?443. lol, I thought that was pretty high, so I went on Comparing the Meetkats, cheapest on there is ?460. Why is it so high. Well as I need to keep the Trans-Am insured, I cannot use the No Claims Discount from there, as they need to stay with the Trans-Am. 10 years NCD. :) I was hopiong the Fiesta would be ?200 to insure, its more than the Trans-Am. lol

You forgot to mention the Spa Dan lol Wait until you get in the wrong side of the fiesta and realise there is no steering wheel, happens to me all the time in the corsa, I usually pretend I am doing some paperwork, look around to see if anyone is watching then dive into the drivers seat, very embarrasing lol. xx

I thought about looking for a cheap run around that would be easier to park, but with the exception of some Ka's and a VW polo, everything was more to insure than the Nova. I understand that small cars have high insurance due to a lot of teenagers have them (and boy racers bump the costs up), but I'm no where near 17 lol.

Back