Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

Summit racing was cheaper than rockauto. for the exhaust mufflers and spring and other parts but had to cancel the mufflers other parts I have left on backorder with summit and ordered mufflers from rockauto. As you say Chris a stick peace of wood to prop up trunk when in truck that I am using at the moment just a pain literally if you knock wood stick out and trunk lid hits you.. Last few days here here in mid Wales clear sky's or the red sunrise very nice but between - 3 & - 8 degrees to cold to do anything

7.30 this morning.
IMG_20230214_165545.jpg

Last edited:
Exhausts mufflers turned up today no magnet tho. 😢😢
IMG_20230214_163314.jpg

2.25in bore size. Stainless will go on next time as all will be replaced

I was going to say they the magnets could be stuck to the underside of the mufflers, but i guess its it stainless then magnets dont stick too well.

Great photo from the early morning.

Really good pic but thought I might play with it a little, hope you don't mind.....

welsh sunrise 230214.jpg

.....Beautiful view, is it close to home?

These are mild steel mufflers I could of got stainless steel mufflers in UK for 300quid each. Due to size 2.25 bore.i plan to get complete system re done in stainless in about 2 years time.
They were packed in there own each box then inside bigger box. No magnet.

The views around here and land scape are great the seasons change so much that view is about 3 to 4 miles from me. The picture only shows part of the valley.

So where abouts are you? Don't need a postcode, just rough area.

I know he isn't far from Mach Loop.
1676548822825.png

OK, thought he was a little further East but still lovely countryside. However, we should be geting back to the subject.....

about 30 miles from mach do alot of work in mach and surrounding areas with all this countryside , i can travel 30 miles plus and sometime only see about 10 cars its great, want to get the TA to some of the views that i see as would make good photo shoot for the old girl (back on topic lol) the countyside changes so much for each season.
might start the exhaust boxes this weekend, got the exhaust assembly paste yesterday

Last edited:
IMG_20230217_055211.jpg

Got the old muffler off what a pain had to use my exhaust pipe expanding tool as dented the pipe that needs to be kept
IMG_20230218_103558.jpg
IMG_20230218_103553.jpg
IMG_20230218_123650.jpg
IMG_20230218_123639.jpg

IMG_20230218_123628.jpg

Might leave the otherside as its only a pin hole do it another time.?

Interesting tool there, is it like an expanding reamer we used to use back in my engineerin years?

Well spotted dosnt cut like a reamer tool but can't think of another engineering tool it's like so good example. dose expand equally and not tapped
Screenshot_20230220_031927_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

i have one of these tools great for reshaping the end of the pipe but won't make a new end fitting

Trunk torsion bar finally turned up been on back order so fitted it today. The old one had snapped. So trunk now stays open. New rod not same color not painting it can't see most of it as its under the rear panel
IMG_20230325_133749.jpg

IMG_20230325_131900.jpg
IMG_20230325_131917.jpg

IMG_20230325_133755.jpg

You have been busy. Was it easy to fit, is it like spring loaded? If so how did did you compress it to fit?

You have to think outside the trunk (box) it's not a normal spring ie compression spring or strut like you have on a modern boot lid or or hood (bonnet) it's a 6mm rod (metal round bar) that is pre shaped is classed as a torsion spring bar as you hock it into the trunk hinge and the other end is then twisted into tension and clipped into one of the holding clips on the oppersite trunk hinge this then puts it under tension. If you look at picture the rods are spring forcing them selves apart under tension you can move them from one knotch to make tighter. The hardest part was taking the cowling off to get access with out damaging glass as there are 6 bolts to undo.

Back