Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

No been busy with working on van over Xmas. Did look at inlet manifolds online today wow about 500quid
Bargain, around £1k for one for mine.

Will the £500 inlet manifold release more power or is it a cosmetic thing?

Mines showing signs of age let's say being polite lol.

Is it cast iron? Can it be cleaned and painted?
On Malcs Mercury he had to use an engine crane just to lift the intake manifold off.

It's OK at the moment but if I do the cam upgrade will need to replace. It dose look worse. Wasn't expecting it to the that high in price to be honest. It's almost cheaper by the time you add up parts to put a create engine in.

Ordered Sunday came yesterday even got fridge magnet few service parts
IMG_20230119_163843.jpg

There's a breakfast meet tomorrow but not taking car on the icy roads and all that salt wait till warmer weather ,

Had to move TA of ramp today as needed to check knocking on front of dads car looking like new D bushes for anti roll bar and track rod end great. At least TA got to see day light with the remain snow that's left on the ground. So have to order or pick parts up next week.
IMG_20230122_094706.jpg
IMG_20230122_094721.jpg

You do a lot of work on your dad's car, is it time to get another? All the jobs seem many hours long.

Good to see the TA outside, bit chilly with the T tops off.

Lots of pot holes around and back and forth to Hereford hospital dosnt help hopefully turned the corner on those trips now and just yearly check ups.
Yes very chilly outside. It's not to bad with Ttops off as it's not a full convertible.

Fitted the plugs today back up and running. Forgot to order Air filter just by chance the new round air filter I had for the el camino fits result. Not fitted the HT leads yet go into stock
IMG_20230128_120925.jpg
IMG_20230128_120907.jpg
IMG_20230128_120902.jpg

So, Autolite or Bosch going in? Confused from Hampshire.

Lol. Autolite were the old ones . Moved the car the other weekend left running choke stuck on even after 20mins auto choke wouldn't release. was a very cold day. finally died pain to get car back into garage it just wouldn't run even from cold start next day lucky I had ordered some service items from rockauto so fitted the new plugs after checking fuel was getting to carburetor.
IMG_20230119_163843.jpg

Car running nice now will place another order for plugs keep spare set in stock. Did resistance check on plugs some were open cct some had resistance but we're different readings. It's cheaper to buy from USA a set of plugs than buy over here. Had champion in el camino 6 failed NGK in UK were 30quid nearly and 10quid in fuel to go and get them that was 4 or 5 years ago now.

Car running nice now will place another order for plugs keep spare set in stock. Did resistance check on plugs some were open cct some had resistance but we're different readings. It's cheaper to buy from USA a set of plugs than buy over here. Had champion in el camino 6 failed NGK in UK were 30quid nearly and 10quid in fuel to go and get them that was 4 or 5 years ago now.
Glad it's running right but cheaper to import plugs from USA with shipping and customs etc? Not bought plugs for a while so no idea of costs.

Plugs from rockauto 12quid include shipping and tax. Just looked on e Bay average price 15quid upwards plus P&P.
My order including tax delivery for oil filter HT leads plugs water pump was 60quid ordered Sunday afternoon delivered Thursday lunchtime.
Did forget to order Air filter so the el camino one fits and is new so will add that to next order with spare set of plugs.. So I can move TA and start work on dad's car now.

Trunk lid wouldn't stay up no black struts on these trunk lids it's a torsion bar set up and removing the rear scuttle panel what pain this was. Found the left side had snapped great 😢. Also the mufflers are starting to fail crazy money in UK so looks like be ordering from USA.
IMG_20230202_114037.jpg
IMG_20230202_114037.jpg
IMG_20230202_114043.jpg
IMG_20230205_095238.jpg
IMG_20230205_103247.jpg
IMG_20230205_103247.jpg
IMG_20230205_103251.jpg
IMG_20230129_120824.jpg
IMG_20230202_114043.jpg
IMG_20230129_120550.jpg

Although not original, could you just fit a gas strut?

Wash your mouth out fit a gas strut what you like you lol,

summit racing let me down said the torsion rod for trunk lid was in stock but got e mail saying wont be in stock till may DOH :cry: :cry: :eek: 😭👎

summit racing let me down said the torsion rod for trunk lid was in stock but got e mail saying wont be in stock till may DOH :cry: :cry: :eek: 😭👎
Can you wait until May?

Surley you've got a stick in the garden that would do for now?

Back