Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

got any kleenx lol,

got an idea, mybe cot the exhust pipe fit a flex to move it away from clamp? i have the expanding tool to open up the ends to slide over pipe just need to check size of exhuast pipe on car, might be an idea and works?
1644948293780.png
1644948363035.png

Been outside to measure exhaust pipe , in theory this should slide inside my exhaust and just clamp it? will it give me the room for handbrake cable? might pop into local garage see if they have old flexi in there skip to try the idea before ordering e bay showing it as 16quid,
1645265195088.png

How will it give you more room for the hsndbrake cable? wont it still rub on thie new exhaust part?

Not if its got enough bend in it the complete flexi posted b5 might be better as more flex , ether do aa small curve or make a s shape so it misses the cable clamp same size pipe just with a curve or s shape ,

or could put electric handbrake unit on like some cars have think not lol, what a pain these are when the fail and seize up and need a computer to reset them,

or could put electric handbrake unit on like some cars have think not lol, what a pain these are when the fail and seize up and need a computer to reset them,
Going by the amount of cars that sit at traffic lights with their brake lights on, I tihnk soo many have electrinic hand brakes and they cant quite press the button, too much hard work for them.

Wonder if it's in the driving test now to do a a hill start with a electric brake lol..

Going by the amount of cars that sit at traffic lights with their brake lights on, I tihnk soo many have electrinic hand brakes and they cant quite press the button, too much hard work for them.
all my cars have automatic transmission i never use the parking brake until i park. the brake lights on at traffic light lets the numpty behind me know i have stopped.

if they cant see a big orange gold ish ford ranchero they shouldn't be driving lol,,,,,,,,

There must be alot of automatic cars around pompey then Dan lol....

Last edited:
I have some play in the auto box linkage. Are new linkage arms available? And the picture that looks like pin with spring on going into chassis rail should this have a Bush in there??
IMG_20220503_132350.jpg
IMG_20220503_132339.jpg
IMG_20220503_132344.jpg

be getting a magnet soon hopefully lol just placed order with rockauto for brake calliper front pads and a hose, and waiting on firebird central to come back to me with a price as parts i need can go into a jiffy bag so save on massive shipping costs

Wow what quick and great service from rockauto ordered Tuesday afternoon here today was advice it would be Tuesday next week.
IMG_20220506_154919.jpg
IMG_20220506_154904.jpg

Something to do on the weekend then.

Also, that Fury on the magnets uesd to belong to Alan and Becky from Hayling Island. (I think it was his anyway.)

yes christine did belong to them its still in wales from last chatting to them,

rockauto better service than ECP online service,

yes looks like a got a job to do on TA but 1st unload van for 2nd lot of logs thats 4 1 ton bags so far might need another 1ton bag to be fully stocked back up,

New caliper brake pads and hose fitted today.
IMG_20220507_144945.jpg

Looking nice, Is that on the Saleen? if so Did Saleen upgrade the brakes from the regular Mustang?

I think the Saleen's have 'Brenbow' brakes so this is probably for the Firebird.

Lol. All that computer work must be getting to you. What's the thread about?? My trans am. And in post 555 mentions the TA.
The caliper piston had seized wouldn't go back in so brought recon unit from rockauto.

The gear linkage parts I posted earlier had reply back from firebird cental they want 82dollars to ship 15dollars worth of parts DOH think not. Considering the caliper pads and hose with shipping was 92pounds all in dosnt make any sence might put the remaking pads in the otherside today.

Last edited:
Used my new brake flaring tool today as the bench tool can't use wen working on the car
IMG_20220515_091745.jpg

Back