Working days until time off

The thing about the Peloton is that whilst it would be easy to choose the scenic rides and take it easy, the classes are full on and competitive and you are forced to really work hard. Interval training in particular can you leave you shaking with exertion and completely blown!
I actually don’t like cycling very much but the Peloton has given me a new perspective.
Using it in conjunction with the treadmill means I get lots of varied activity and whilst I’m sure my long distance running events are now in my past I am beginning to enjoy the challenge of fitness again.

The thing about the Peloton is that whilst it would be easy to choose the scenic rides and take it easy, the classes are full on and competitive and you are forced to really work hard. Interval training in particular can you leave you shaking with exertion and completely blown!
I actually don’t like cycling very much but the Peloton has given me a new perspective.
Using it in conjunction with the treadmill means I get lots of varied activity and whilst I’m sure my long distance running events are now in my past I am beginning to enjoy the challenge of fitness again.
Interesting, and more convenient than having to drag a push bike out... and it isn't weather dependent of course! Lol. Sounds like it works well for you two.
We did have an excerise bike a long time ago and couldn't get into it. But therein lies the motivational advantage of Peloton I guess.
For me personally, it's as much about being out in the open air. We are lucky in that we live a stone's throw from plenty of rural or seaside ride options. I can't imagine anything on a screen replacing that.

We did have an excerise bike a long time ago and couldn't get into it. But therein lies the motivational advantage of Peloton I guess.

Exactly!

For me personally, it's as much about being out in the open air. We are lucky in that we live a stone's throw from plenty of rural or seaside ride options. I can't imagine anything on a screen replacing that.

I think the reason to do it drives the choice. If I just wanted to go out for a gentle pootle at the convenience of the weather I would agree.
If you want/need to be driven hard and maintain a set of goals against a program I don’t think the Peloton can be beaten. I actually wish our treadmill was the Peloton version too!

Exactly!

I think the reason to do it drives the choice. If I just wanted to go out for a gentle pootle at the convenience of the weather I would agree.
If you want/need to be driven hard and maintain a set of goals against a program I don’t think the Peloton can be beaten. I actually wish our treadmill was the Peloton version too!
It's all cool if you don't agree. As I say, Peloton obviously works for you - I love my push bike.
I will say that my ride to work and back isn't a "gentle pootle", I do go for it, rain or shine. Call me bonkers, but I find a good ride in the rain quite invigorating actually :p Lol.
I personally don't need to be target driven and know how hard to push myself, I just like to keep a bit fitter and de-stress. Cycling does that perfectly... for me (y)

From the advert it appears to show like 20 people in the same class. Do you have set time slots you need to join to be part of these classes?

Does it have a plug-in for Facebook so you can share progress with others?

The class could be poorly attended but could also be huge. The biggest class I have attended had over 18000 people!!!
You also get encore classes which is a repeat but not live although you get to compete with people still. Plenty of training programs as well as scenic rides.
cant answer Facebook question, wrong person to ask!!

Sounds interesting, seen the adverts on telly, and have been tempted. Lack of room at the moment, and not looked into the cost.

I guess you get some keen lycra cyclists training for the tour de france?

Ok, your bonkers!! :p

Oh yes...I pride myself on it!! ;)
What I keep in mind is that I turn 56 in January and I'm no Chris Boardman. I'd like to avoid waking up in the road with a paramedic slapping my face if possible :LOL:
I suppose an up-side of Peloton is that if your ticker blows a gasket while you're trying to climb a leaderboard full of people with unknown fitness levels, at least you'll be in the warmth and comfort of your own spare room! lol :D

T-2.5 days for me :)

USA office last day tomorrow, Irelands office last day tomorrow.
I guess its my last day tomorrow too then.

Back