Working days until time off

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
How many working days do you have left until Christmas?

It’s not Christmas I look forward too, but the break from work.

T-14 days for me including today.
let the countdown begin.....

I have 5 days holiday to take this year, although I can carry some over to next year. So as I haven't booked them off, 11.5 working days, as the 20th is a half day. Not sure if we are working Monday 23rd. As there is no UK office now, do I take holiday the same as my Ireland office or the USA office. The US office just had 2 days off for thanks giving.
Usually the break over Christmas I don't go back until the new year. Lots of fun days to look forward to in my pit.

How many working days do you have left until Christmas?

T-14 days for me including today.
let the countdown begin.....
Have you got all the Christmas lights up around the house and the tree up yet?

Same here!! And I do enjoy a good Christmas dinner with a glass of something.
Not sure when we finish yet, but I would guess we'll probably finish early on the 24th and go back on Thursday 2nd.

2 am on the 24 but i might go home early at midnight then off till the new year.

Getting closer, it will soon be spring.

Whoop whoop

Go to work in the dark, return in the dark. Oh wait I work from home. It will be great to have the longer days back.

Finish on the 20th, not back until 2nd January. Off camping over Christmas and new year to avoid the usual seasonal shenanigans.

Nice one! What sort of camping, tent, caravan, camper?

Campervan, out in the wilds of the New Forest amongst the trees with the dogs and with deer and ponies running about (Setthorns) and then down to Brighton for New Year. Christmas dinner on the Cobb oven and camping stove takes longer than usual but is possible with the correct quantities of Gin involved....

Campervan, out in the wilds of the New Forest amongst the trees with the dogs and with deer and ponies running about (Setthorns) and then down to Brighton for New Year. Christmas dinner on the Cobb oven and camping stove takes longer than usual but is possible with the correct quantities of Gin involved....
Sounds great to me and an ideal way to escape the usual drudge Christmas can be! Wouldn't mind trying that one year. We have a caravan at the mo but looking to change to a camper this coming year.

Sounds great to me and an ideal way to escape the usual drudge Christmas can be! Wouldn't mind trying that one year. We have a caravan at the mo but looking to change to a camper this coming year.

They both have their pros and cons. If you have a Campervan it takes ages to be able to go out as you have to pack everything up before you go anywhere, whereas with a caravan you can just head off. I would love to be able to take one of the cars with me behind the van, make going to shows much easier!

They both have their pros and cons. If you have a Campervan it takes ages to be able to go out as you have to pack everything up before you go anywhere, whereas with a caravan you can just head off. I would love to be able to take one of the cars with me behind the van, make going to shows much easier!
Yeah, I guess that is a drawback with a camper van, we had thought that. But I'm considering getting a camper with a tow bar (or fitting one), then getting an A frame and towing a small car behind. Although I believe there are things to consider like making the brakes work on the car being towed. I'll have to read up on that. But I like the idea of having a camper as a base for days out, they are probably much easier to park in car parks than a carvan is. And yeah, you can tow other things behind a camper like a car trailer or a boat.

Would be great to go away to do something like that. I will have to do that one day.

Would be great to go away to do something like that. I will have to do that one day.

I thoroughly recommend it. You find you'll find it's very therapeutic, although I'm still hoping to be able to afford a classic American Campervan one day. I guess it's a case of tranquility over aesthetics until then. Next time I'm camping locally you'll have to come down to see how you'd get on in a van.

Back