Wheels Day 2015 Registration.

Am I alone or does anyone else get the impression that they don't really care if it works out for them or not this year. I can understand they are worried the same is going to happen as last year but the way they are going around this is totally wrong! 750 cars? Wow that's not a lot considering the amount that turned up last year (and yes I know that was an extreme amount of cars) but come on 750 cars!!

It's effectively the first big (!) show of the year and people are putting their cars back on the road after the winter lay-up. They should be all out to get as many there as possible. They know the venue and know how to get people in and out without issues so what's their issue?

I agree with Dave, we will go if you get a stand (in the Vette only). Silly man lol Sarah. He's right - we don't want to upset anyone ;)

I think their main constraint is it's military ground, they create the rules. They got into a lot of trouble as so many people smuggled dogs into a strictly no dogs event. I believe thst have also set the limit to the number of cars. Really they should allow more cars, they will get more revenue too.

Not long now , nice weather today let's hope it continues

Yep, lets hope so. It does feel like a summers day out there. Mowed the lawn in shorts and t-shirt.

:crazy: it's nice out there, but not that nice!
People were walking past with woolly hats and wrapped up in their thermals, mainly old people.
I thought they were mad wrapping up like its the middle of winter.

Taken from another forum
May be able to get a club stand

Hampshire hotrod show 3rd April

I had a message from Deadly Derek the diner truck owner this morning, to say he's organising a car show on Good Friday, (the 3rd of April), as an alternative to Wheelsday, which is pre-book only for show cars this year.
He's still finalising the details & sorting out the necessary licences, but it'll be at Barton Stacey, between Basingstoke and Winchester just off the 303, (opposite Popham airfield, 6 miles west of Basingstoke). He says it's a good site, plenty of tarmac & £5 entry per person which includes entry into the raffle.
Derek's used to organising events & lays on some cracking parties at his sprawling rural home, so I'm sure he'll have things well in hand. More details as I get them.

Last edited:
We do have a small club stand, only 10 spaces :(

It will be interested to hear more about the Derek Diner truck show, sounds like it will be good. Hopefully some people will give that a go and share the photos.

We do have a small club stand, only 10 spaces :(

It will be interested to hear more about the Derek Diner truck show, sounds like it will be good. Hopefully some people will give that a go and share the photos.

You got a club stand at wheels day then. so who's going

The places are all full. Most of our club members don't come on the forum, so some of the selection was done on how long people have been in the club. Its tough to say we only have 10 spaces and to turn people away, mind you with alternative shows going on, and with many people saying they wont bother with Wheels Day I wonder how many will really be there on the day.

We only heard back from SSR about the club stand last week. Up until then I was still going to go up to Wheels Day and hope to get parked in the car show car park. Not sure how many space they have in there.

Last edited:
We are very lucky that with 10 places, only 10 members actually have requested a space on the stand. I was worried that we'd have a large amount of members as I didn't want to have to choose, although I'm unable to take my car so others can go :)

Cool news about the club stand ....at least I won't be on my own .....lol
You were one of the lucky ones to be selected by SSR on the pre-registration. I still not heard back. I guess they will be after payment soon.

Sarah has a list. She is about to start stripping off wall paper in the hall.
So I guess if you have had your payment request though, I guess club stands will be next.

Congrats to the Solent Renegades on getting a club stand at Wheels day. The Corvette club weren't so lucky!!

hahahahahaha :pound:

Back