Wheels Day 2015 Registration.

Shall I get an email over to them now, and see what happens?

Gotta be worth a go. The tough bit will be if we exceed 10 people, mind you at this rate many people are looking elsewhere, so we may not even have 10 up for this. Anyway certainly worth a go in light of this announcement from the SSR.

I have emailed them, so if we get offered a club stand then we can go from there :)

Fingers crossed!

Still think you'd easily get ten dan no probs

dont need a poll . mos people who would go don't come forum enuff

Still think you'd easily get ten dan no probs
Yes, may be able to get 10, but what if say 13 people wanted to go. I guess it would be first come first served somehow. I/we would need to get a list of people, but what if we miss someone when asking them on the phone, I would want to give everyone a fair chance. Sarah is happy to not take the camaro to make space for someone.
I guess we need to see if we get accepted for a club stand, and then ask who definitely is going. :p

dont need a poll . mos people who would go don't come forum enuff
Matt has a point, only about 4 of our 40+ members use the forum.

I guess we need to see if we get accepted for a club stand, and then ask who definitely is going. :p

Just a waiting game at the moment. The SSR are holding meetings this week to discuss club stands so I'm guessing we will hear in a week or so??

Matt has a point, only about 4 of our 40+ members use the forum.

But I think Dave really wants too ;)

Sarah is happy to not take the Camaro to make space for someone.

Yep, for one thing I don't want moaning of 'being unfair', that, and if we do end up generating more than 10 people's interest then I don't want to stop someone going, so I can hop in the Transam.

But also.......there are two 'Public Car Parks'
1. Daily drivers
2. Show cars.

They have decided to separate the car parks so if anyone does just turn up and has a show type car, they can park away from the daily rubbish.

Wow ...I have just had my email from ssr ...I have been offered one of the early bird tickets ...just waiting for the second email with link to payment ....just goes to show you don't need a muscle car or a show car ....

Wow ...I have just had my email from ssr ...I have been offered one of the early bird tickets ...just waiting for the second email with link to payment ....just goes to show you don't need a muscle car or a show car ....
Nice one Mark, well done. Your car is a good crowd puller.

Hi Sarah. they are only planning on using a small area set aside in the car park. below was taken from there face book page?

Surrey Street Rodders Hi Benny,
All cars without our entry pass will be sent to public parking without exception. We are planning a small area set aside for any classic yank/custom/classics that arrive to park away from the daily runners however this is purely at our descretion (not yours) and is first come first served. Also it should be noted that if/when all other public parking areas are filled then this space will be utilised.
I know this isnt ideal but we are trying to help those who do decide still to come in their show cars to park safer and together place!

Hi Sarah. they are only planning on using a small area set aside in the car park. below was taken from there face book page?

Surrey Street Rodders Hi Benny,
All cars without our entry pass will be sent to public parking without exception. We are planning a small area set aside for any classic yank/custom/classics that arrive to park away from the daily runners however this is purely at our descretion (not yours) and is first come first served. Also it should be noted that if/when all other public parking areas are filled then this space will be utilised.
I know this isnt ideal but we are trying to help those who do decide still to come in their show cars to park safer and together place!

Yep, that's exactly what I read too.

Judging by the way this is going, I think SSR would have been better leaving wheels day as they originally stated last year - Dead.
As sad is it would be as I know people have enjoyed the show for years, it sounds as if there is too much bureacracy, politics and BS going on.
They really should be past the planning stages by now, and working towards making the show the best it can be. Instead we are still seeing changes to concept.
I reckon its doomed to fail and will probably result in more backlash than they had last year.

Well as someone who has only attended wheels day twice, in 1994 and 2014 I haven't got any real affection for the show.
I thought the 2014 show was great. Lots to see and as I got there early I had no traffic issues either.
Based on that alone I think it would be a shame. But if people drive there, find they are shunted to a public car park, or refused altogether, I think the backlash will be remarkable, especially if they have to queue for ages before being turned away.
I will only go if we have confirmed entry as a club, and even then only as long as I'm not pushing another long term member out.

Back