What have you done to your vehicle today?

Wideband guage on the side pillar has been playing up for a long time, would flash up, then go off. Brought a new one before Christmas, same make and model. As didn't know if it was wiring(although checked and all looked great) or if it was the guage face or the sensor. So just changed the guage face, and the warm up cycle complete and reads lean which is to be expected as the car isn't running. I'll do a test drive later. If the values don't read as e pected I'll swap out the sensor as it's a quick job with the pit. Sensors go bad after soo many years, so I'll prefer to hold one as a spare if possible.
The reason I wasn't in a rush to do this as it's a tuning aid, and not really been pushing the car repeatedly hard and doing tuning.

Test drive. Battery charging correctly.
IMG_20200215_141538.jpg

Higher volts on start up.

After a few miles it has dropped as battery probably full by now.
IMG_20200215_142912.jpg

Also the wide guage guage is performing correctly, didn't need to change the sensor, I see it occilating around 14.6 afr as the stock O2 sensors are doing their thing.
IMG_20200215_141535.jpg

Driven my car all week as scooter is in for repair! Not had confirmation scooter is fixed so looks like another week of driving to work :) :) :)

Tried out the cruise control. It was unplugged during the respray, and it was a pain to get to, as it was under the fuse box, and partly needed access underneath. Well pluged it in when doing the alternator. So tried it out today, probably not the best idea in the wet incase it went Wide Open Throttle, but I was in 6th at 50mph, it would accelerate but not enough to loose traction. However it worked perfectly. Simples.

I've never even tried the Cruise Control in the Camaro. Both my old cars currently not working. ? Still need to get a new battery for the Camaro although I only got one last year and even though it's been sat for a bit I suspect the alternator isn't charging the battery so that also needs checking. VW popping and banging but I think the carbs just need cleaning and setting up properly again. Concentrating on getting Clara sorted for Goodwood.

Love the pit.
Thanks. Brought the house 8 years ago, had an old single width garage. Couldn't get out of the car, you had to push it in and out of the garage, but I had a plan when I brought the house that I would eventually widen the garage. While doing that I wasn't to make it as useful as possible. the Trans-am is low, and although you can get a jack under it after driving up onto wooden blocks first, it was hassle. So a pit is a nice luxury item. Its from MechMate, they have a variety of sizes. Comes with a seat and tool tray. easy to fit, just basically dig a hole and concrete it in.

Washed mine too :)

Charged the TA battery Thursday night, didn't connect it to the car until today. Done current measurements, the TA draws 0.5A for around 2 seconds, then drops to 100mA for around 10 seconds after that 10mA. So nothing alarmingly drawing current. Checked battery voltage it's 10.5V. So this is a fully charged battery 2 days ago, only that quick current test performed. So although originally my alternator was an issue I always thought there was something else going on to. Like current draw when off or the battery holding charge.
So ordered a new battery today. 1000A capacity at 0deg C, that's gonna spin the motor like there are no plugs in it. Lol, and with my better cables there will be even less volt drop :)

IMG_20200308_093819.jpg
oil and fuel filter on dad's car and oil filter on mine with nice new oil and on fuel cleaner.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_102621.jpg
    IMG_20200308_102621.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Drove it. Got sick and tired of waiting for winter to f**k off so decided to hell with it!
Drove almost 100 miles around Wiltshire and the Cotswolds and got the car filthy but was great to be out in it again!

Your carbon foot print gone up then lol

Drove it. Got sick and tired of waiting for winter to f**k off so decided to hell with it!
Drove almost 100 miles around Wiltshire and the Cotswolds and got the car filthy but was great to be out in it again!
Nice one!! (y)
I know how you feel. With the weather apparently getting wetter, I get the feeling we're all going to have to lower our standards on what we will take our cars out in. Otherwise I fear we'll be missing out on too many good events! Lol

I took the Beetle out for a quick spin around the block. Took ages to get her started but then she is 50 next month. It's rained so much recently that the water that had leaked in through the sunroof had been trapped between the roof and the headliner and the first corner I drove around it all emptied on to me. It was like being on Tiswas. ?

Back