Webserver / Website Stopped 8th Dec 2014

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
First nothiced my emails wern't working, so popped on the website, it wasn't there. Then tried to login via Plesk and SSH both failed. So check the Data Center information. The whole north side of the datacenter has a power issue.

This was their status report.

[h=2]Power outage at the Data Center [ North Zone ][/h]08/12/2014 At 7:11 PM

Dear Customers,

We have noticed a power outage at our DC [North Zone] and the DC Team is looking into this on high priority. We will post an update here as soon as we have further details on this.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Support Department.

This entry is filed under Network | Power Status and Announcements.

• admin says:
    08/12/2014 at 7:19 PM
    Dear Customers,
    There is an issue with the PDU in the north lower area of our network due to which some of the servers are currently offline.
    We shall update you once the servers are back in function.
    Regards,
    Support Department.

• admin says:
    08/12/2014 at 7:28 PM
    Dear Customers,
    Our DC Engineers are on site of north lower area and currently investigating on this issue.
    We shall post an update shortly.
    Regards,
    Support Department.

• admin says:
    08/12/2014 at 7:56 PM
    Dear Customers,
    The root cause of this failure seems to be a component that?s buried quite deep in the PDU.
    As per latest updates from DC team, they are getting this hardware disassembled and will attach a new one at the earliest.
    Regards,
    Support Department.

• admin says:
    08/12/2014 at 8:50 PM
    Dear Customers,
    We have latest updates from DC, wherein the failed component of the PDU has been successfully replaced.
    Few tests will be done on every rack, before bringing the servers online.
    Regards,
    Support Department.

After the website came to life, had to start memcache manually. Still the web pages wen't refreshing correctly, and it appear to not be fetching data from the CDN. I tried to log into the CDN and I couldn't get in, even with all my password variations, reset password and still no email. lol, so that was a frustrating dead end. Checked DNS settings and actioned an update, and now the whole site is working again.

Its downtime was between 7:20pm and 9pm on 8th Dec 2014. Hopefully that wont happen again

Boooooo............at least it wasn't down for too long.

Thanks for letting us know :)

They even called me today to check all is working fine. I really wasn't expecting a call, but it was very nice customer service for them to do so.

Back