VAT

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Just heard that apparently the British government is seeking to make overseas sellers collect VAT for goods they sell to UK customers?!
This puts the overhead onto the seller which will add costs that they either pass on or they stop selling to the UK. The William Shatner store has already said they will no longer accept UK orders from the 1st January because of this.
Whilst this is something Rockauto already can do many other suppliers people in our hobby use, will face the same decision as Shatner.
Sell to us and pass on or accept the costs or cut us loose.
Anyone heard anything about this?

Just heard that apparently the British government is seeking to make overseas sellers collect VAT for goods they sell to UK customers?!
This puts the overhead onto the seller which will add costs that they either pass on or they stop selling to the UK. The William Shatner store has already said they will no longer accept UK orders from the 1st January because of this.
Whilst this is something Rockauto already can do many other suppliers people in our hobby use, will face the same decision as Shatner.
Sell to us and pass on or accept the costs or cut us loose.
Anyone heard anything about this?
Not heard of anything about this. Hopefully it could reduce crap coming from China, however this is going to be a restriction from other countries that could effect us. If it is true, it will put off alot off people selling. I know in the states they have different taxes for different states. I know rock auto handle it well if you choose the FedEx option.

not heard anything but if it happens it will mean they will stop selling to us. lots of them won't now

As an update, I understand this is coming.
It’s down largely to the Chinese who advertised goods as being located in the U.K. but when you buy they ship direct from China and skip the VAT collection.
First they give us Covid, and then they screw us over goods importing!

Noticed alot of eBay sellers are doing this. They say its in the UK, and you notice a 4 week delivery date, looking into things further there are in China.

Back