Solent Renegades Season Opener

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Come on Dan. With the weather now cold and damp and memories of the 2020 show season in short supply, how about telling us about the 2021 season opener?
What you got planned?

Things like:
1: Leah Pritchett opening the show with a burnout in her top fuel dragster.
2: Dave Hall from Restore a Musclecar with a showcase of his creations.
3: A midday fly past by the Battle of Britain memorial flight.
4: Whack a communist with Jeremy Corbyn in some stocks with rotten veg to throw at him.
5: Leah Pritchett closing the show with a burnout in her top fuel dragster.

All or some of these would be good for the first show of 2021, I’d even stop doing no.4 to watch the other 4!!

Come on, give us something to look forward too!

Some great ideas, we could plan all that, but we may not be able to attend. Fingers grossed next year wont be like this year.
I do like the sound of the top fuel dragsters, could get them lined up on the road outside. Get the council to close the road.
Get the Blue Angels to do a fly past. and Richard Pettry to do a wing walk on a bi-plane then parachute in to do an interview with Will on the mic.

Found one of many Dave Hall interviews talking about his cars. He is a T/A lover :)

...and Trump in the stocks next to Corbyn. Although, after being hit in the chops with a rotten tomato, he would probably deny it happened and was fake news! Lol

If you have ideas about making it bigger and better you could do a lot worse than talk to the people that ran wings and wheels. Maybe even Dunsfold would be a possible venue?
Thorney Island is a good venue, I beleive the Victory Wheelers were paying £40k for that event and the MOD kept putting the prices up. The trouble is the gamble of money, pre-sales may be able to make funds. If its rained off, someone looses money as expenses still need to be paid. Any event is going to cost money, even if you get a free field, you still need to hire loo's and pay insurance.

Agree
with Dan the farmhouse is a nice event if you want more space mybe a bigger pub? But anything bigger you are getting into show event costs and insurance H&S and to please local council.

With a runway?
Yes, military planes used to go there, maybe still do.
A video of me at the event venue 2004, it was a 1/4 mile with another 1/4mile run off. This was only half of the runway, as the rest was marquees and a static car show.

1605699964903.png

If you want a runway A/T straightliners have differant tracks to racing at but with covid is stopping it at the moment,

You getting forgetfull in your old age A/T. lol

i went this year to see what the 1/8th new track was like,

Back