SBC Core plugs. Calling Mechanics!

Hightower

My 307 V8 Chevy engine has sprung a leak. Are there any mechanics on here like to quote me for pulling the motor, replacing all the care plugs, replacing the sump gasket for a felpro one piece, main seals and new cam timing chain. I have the core plug and full gasket set and should have all the other parts soon.

Finding mechanics these days is hard. A few peple has asked me before, and I struggle to recommend anyone. Hopefully someone will pop a post on here if someone knows someone.

Hightower what's your location might help and if you supply all parts then you just looking to pay labour rates. Can you pull the engine also would help just a thought

Hightower what's your location might help and if you supply all parts then you just looking to pay labour rates. Can you pull the engine also would help just a thought
Fareham, but it drives so can travel anywhere within reason providing I check rad water level regularly. Yes, I am supplying parts that i know or want replacing whilst the engine is removed. However it's those unforseen parts or breakages when the motor comes out that is unknown. But you can get most parts withing a week or two these days. I don't own an engine hoist and to be honest with no garage space, I'd just rather work some overtime and get a professional involved.

Spoke to the place where we get our MOTs done. I've been looking after there website for years. They do alot of general mots/servicing. Occasionally seeing classic cars in there having engine work done, they have done alot of work on Rover V8s. I asked if they would be happy to change core plugs, they said they could, they have all the gear to take the engine out if required.
It's https://www.clarksautoservice.co.uk/ it's in Waterlooville. The main guy is Steve. They probably won't give you a price over the phone as can't estimate the time it will take. Perhaps take the truck and have a chat with him.

Spoke to the place where we get our MOTs done. I've been looking after there website for years. They do alot of general mots/servicing. Occasionally seeing classic cars in there having engine work done, they have done alot of work on Rover V8s. I asked if they would be happy to change core plugs, they said they could, they have all the gear to take the engine out if required.
It's https://www.clarksautoservice.co.uk/ it's in Waterlooville. The main guy is Steve. They probably won't give you a price over the phone as can't estimate the time it will take. Perhaps take the truck and have a chat with him.
Thanks for you help Dan, before I saw your post I've spoken to Attila of AMC autos Romsey. They did a lot of work on the truck with regards bodywork and fitting some aftermarket stuff a few years ago. He said he'd do the core plug work and replace all the important seals for around £350-400. I'm going to get him to replace the cam chain and sprockets too. Might get him to spruce up the engine bay with a fresh lick of paint whilst the engine's out and I'm going to powdercoat the inner fenders. Will be booking her in this week.

Pictures pictures 👍👍👍👍

Back