K-Member for the Trans-Am

Yummy

be even better if he got it sprayed purple as well

They do look nice in red. Most people won't see them apart from the MOT tester or if I pop wheelies(unlikely with a 10 bolt) .
MOT tester will like the look of all the new parts.

You might get one wheelie with a 10 bolt, but hope the shrapnel doesn’t come through the floor!
Strange S60 for the win!!

Gave ParcelFarce a tinkle. the other two boxes have been released from customs. may be with the local depot in the morning, perhaps i will receive them tomorrow. no real rush, as long as they get here.

Other 2 boxes are out for delivery today. :) more shiny red bits.

IMG_20191122_130907.jpg

That dook dam nice :)

Looks very nice! Asde from the adjustability and added stiffness, all of that must be a fair reduction in weight over the standard setup?

The rigidity makes a big difference. Instead of the stamped steel pieces flexing it makes the suspension work.
Did you do roll bars yet?

The rigidity makes a big difference. Instead of the stamped steel pieces flexing it makes the suspension work.
Did you do roll bars yet?
Ah, OK. Yeah, any improvement over body rigidity helps I guess. Probably why they fully seam weld body shells for race/rally prep.

33lbs according to the sales info http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/98-02-ls1-umi-performance-front-end-kit-stage-3/

That's about 15kg. Quite a few bags of sugar.
Funny you should say 15kg lol. When I was racing my Sierra, after a couple of races, we decided to strip out any excess weight. We removed all of the window regulators and cut out the inner door skins replacing them with lightweight aluminium. All of the waste bits weighed 15kg. Gained me just under a second on the Brands Indy circuit!

Think the TA is about 3700lbs, so 33lbs loss isn't much of a difference, but every little helps.
That's great to hear of an increase of time around Brands Hatch. Do you have photos of your racing days? Perhaps create a thread about it.

Think the TA is about 3700lbs, so 33lbs loss isn't much of a difference, but every little helps.
That's great to hear of an increase of time around Brands Hatch. Do you have photos of your racing days? Perhaps create a thread about it.
Sure, every bit less weight will improve acceleration.
Yeah, I've got a few photo's somewhere, I'll see what I can find. Maybe I'll add to the circuit racing thread? Perhaps others who've followed or had involvement in racing will chip in. Could be interesting.
Here's one from Donington Park. I took a picture of a framed picture, so apologies for the reflections lol
IMG_20191123_110655212.jpg

Yeah feel free to create a thread in circuit racing. May be able to get Malc on here too.

No garage, so not fitting the bits just yet. I do keep admitting my bits.
IMG_20191124_120929.jpg

In the lounge next to the rest of the kitchen I need to fit.

Back