Rockauto order conf?

Unusual bracket in 1st.
Strange how they show it in the links I posted and in your owners manual.
And normal brackets in links compared to your shaped bracket.
Fun all this finding out all this info.
Strange thought I just had cars had previous repair work and not fitted back with. then???.
Mybe send summit racing a tec request I find them very helpful send pics and links see what they come back with.

Thinking back, I swapped the springs on the 68 myself and don't recall seeing any insulators. So, I think I will just keep it as is. Never had a problem with the 68.

Yep entirely up to you. Strange ref my last post and there are on my pontiac.
When they take it all apart and you see that hole in the metalwork for the Bush to sit rest in you know they have been missing.
. Cars we love them

Just don't come back with a EV conversion you will be barred banned lol....

Just
Yep entirely up to you. Strange ref my last post and there are on my pontiac.
When they take it all apart and you see that hole in the metalwork for the Bush to sit rest in you know they have been missing.
. Cars we love them

Just don't come back with a EV conversion you will be barred banned lol....
Just looked at mine Chris and mine doesn’t have the insulated pads either hope this helps

Hi Mick

That helps a lot thanks, I was going to start asking you and Lorraine to have a look at theirs but you did it anyway. Bit of a strange one this, they show them in the 'Shop manual' but some suppliers list them and some don't.

Could there be slightly different suspention componemts depending on model. With the TransAm there is a sub model called WS6, this has thicker anti roll bars and a few other small differences on the suspension. Wonder is there is something like that on Mustangs.
It's great Mick has the same, and yours has been like it for years. Would be interesting to see what Lorraine has too. Seems what you have isn't wrong.

OK, my final thoughts on this subject.

Lorraine kindly had a look at her 66 for me and sent some pics (Which I can't copy) that shows a shaped plate between axle and leaf but no obvious insulator. So as a last resort I looked at my 'Haynes' manual which is generic between 64 and 73. And from the pic below you can see Lorraines set-up.....

220928.jpg

.....My conclusion is that it is age related but insulator pads may have been an option or just for other Ford models.

Hi Mick

That helps a lot thanks, I was going to start asking you and Lorraine to have a look at theirs but you did it anyway. Bit of a strange one this, they show them in the 'Shop manual' but some suppliers list them and some don't.
Strange how they very, what’s the idea of them, if it’s to stop squik well I haven’t got that anyway

Screenshot_20220928_193851_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

As Chris has said very strange how some kits have them and some don't and some maintenance books show them in the drawing s and some don't.
At the end of the day Chris, s car his choice. Hopefully Chris will keep us posted with pictures when car in garage.

I'll put some after work pics up because as previously stated I will not be there when the work is carrried out.

I'll put some after work pics up because as previously stated I will not be there when the work is carrried out.
When is Andy doing the work Chris as I would like to see how he takes the rear shackles off because I have poly ones and it drives me nuts squeaking all the time

I'm taking it in on Monday Oct 10th, when he starts on it? I don't know.

When is Andy doing the work Chris as I would like to see how he takes the rear shackles off because I have poly ones and it drives me nuts squeaking all the time
Did the poly greese get applied that should have come with the poly items.?

Mick are going to remove and regrease or put rubber back in?

Thanks for posting chris nice to see all that work see where your hard earnd moned has gone lol,,, should see a differance with all that on there,

It certainly sits better and the short drive home seemed OK. I havn't had a chance for a proper test drive yet but will try and find a before pic and take a now pic for comparrison.

Back