Rear end for my TransAm

19th May - Jump started the car, took it for a drive in the daytime for about 30mins. Down to cosham then on motorway. On the motorway I turned off the engine, and then tried to start it. Battery dead, so as I was still moving it was easy to jump start it. Got the car back home, in the drive way. Turned the car off, then after a couple of second, tried to start. Dead. Looks like I'll be getting a new battery then. This is the battery I currently have http://www.optimabatteryshop.co.uk/i-Optima-Red-Top-RT-U-4.2-8004-250-BCI-78-RTU4.2-I421.html as ?190 I dont know if I will go for that one again. Its lasted 5 years.

20th May - Jump started the car again this morning as battery still dead. Popped into pro parts on the way and got a replacement battery. However they didn't have any with US terminals in stock and wouldn't be here till Tuesday. So I went for a standard UK battery and I will attach UK terminals to it. Didn't turn the car off at Pro-Parts, and got to work okay. I turned it off in the car park at work, tried started a few moment after and totally dead. So I will install the new battery later, need to pop to post office at lunch time, I'll walk up there. So I'll will pop on the new battery at some point.

7th Aug - Put in new half shafts and bearings, the bearings were a bugger to get out, but all done. The Whine is gone now. I got the half shafts in the UK as fed up with waiting for the USA ones, if they turn up, then I'll have some spares.

Its been a while since my last post on this. Many many months ago, well April time i took the car up to Gatwick to pick up Aimee and Sarah. Accelerated hard to doing the M25 motorway, when I backed off the throttle I heard a grinding noise from the back end. Something was loose. Hot to Gatwick, the diff oil was coming out the nose of the diff. The pinion has come loose. Managed to nurse it home, it seemed when the car was under light load it was quieter. When decelerating the grinding noise was awful.

Back