Project now started

Hi dan yes completely covered lol it's had all the loose stuff wire brushed off followed by the rust stopper stuff then zinc primed then painted with two coats of black hammerite then Shultz two coats. been doing it on and off since Xmas depending on if I fancied get covered in sh1t and frozen at the same time lol atlest it's done so I can have some fun bolting all the clean bits back on. Then I've just got the cam and valve spring to swap out for the summer!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one get cold and covered we must be mad!!! Lol

Well had a day off today so put it to good use lol I have fitted the last of the bushes to the rear and have re fitted springs and back axle also fitted new hand brake cables the old ones rusted solid lol image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice Work

That does look nice. New handbrake cable too?

Yes just got the brakes to sort but that's all new inc springs and washers etc. I test fitted one of the wheels I think for a blind stab in the dark the White looks just about right :)

Looking good. Yes the White on white suits it :)

Thanks American thunder it's slow process but it's getting there lol

image.jpg hi everyone just quick update on the trans am as you can see it's almost back together after having had the rear end all sorted. Just got the cam to do and afew bits for the mot. :)

It's alive looking good

Edlebrock rpm pro with new sure seat springs and followers(same spec cam as the rav4 air fitted in the late 60/early 70s as I've got wary 71 heads with large valves . Should double the horses :) :)image.jpg

Sweeeeeet! Lookin' well nice and rearin' to go! Looking forward to seeing it back on the road, dude :)

Edlebrock 750carb with pro former inlet manifold and headmen headers. The engines an unknown when I got it don't know if any things been done to it. When I done the carb and inlet the bottom half of the engine looked very clean and looked as if it might of had an overhaul at some point. So I might pull the cam and find that's its already been done but that's the chance I'll take (building my own profile for the engine so at least if I come to sell it) it will have a lot more info on the hole car and engine etc.the heads are off a 71 400/455 and the blocks 75 so got abit of a mix going on lol fitted into a 80s car mind you it all just about works !!! Fingers crossed I can only improve wot I got. :)

Lol I'm looking forward to fitting the cam as I've had it sitting in doors since before Xmas as I was sorting out the rear end. So now that the cars back together and spun round in workshop so I can open the bonnet it all systems go :) :)

Back