Project now started

saleen 192

Core Member
Some of you will know this car and it's on next years season opener flyer poster. So no pressure to get it all done Chris has me asked me to upload these pictures he will add the words and updates

Last edited:
Looking good, at least he has somewhere dry to work over the winter months.

What is he fixing?

Hi all yes lots to do have removed the front and wings to repair any rot around the bulkhead on first inspection there is a couple of holes but nothing major. I'm now have a full body and suspension bush kit for the front and rear of the car which I will also be fitting as it's apart plenty of painting of parts removed lol before fitting it all back together ready for the opener next year. Will post more pics and info as the parts are removed. Goal is to get the body going in the same direction as the rest of the car fingers crossed :)

I think that myself and Darren could have afew late nights coming up lol cheers mate

Last edited:
Oh man......that's, different? lol. I'm sure it'll look great when it's done. How long do you think it'll take to sort out? I really need to do this with my Camaro....maybe this will be my motivation? :)

Nice looking 2nd gen (not sure about the air brush Phoenix ) really needs to be genuine decals....

The air brush eagle and flames are very unique to this car , I beleave the car came from the poole area mybe the Can am club might know some history of this car??? so chris could build up history ( sorry chris if i have over stepped the mark knowning its your car and not mine) .

There was a yellow 76 trans am a few years back that had very similar air brush art work , think he came from Bognor...I have some pics ...see if I can find them , I had a 77 t/a a few years ago....it's the only car that I regret selling.......

So many people have said the same that they regret selling there gen2s yes the flames are different and iconic for car that catches fire lol. No probs Darren go for it. Should /will be ready for the opener.well best crack on more to take of lol

I regret selling the 3rd Gen. It would have looked at home next to the 4th gen.

There was a yellow 76 trans am a few years back that had very similar air brush art work , think he came from Bognor...I have some pics ...see if I can find them , I had a 77 t/a a few years ago....it's the only car that I regret selling.......

That was a guy called Kevin Chambers and the car was called banana split :)

Well chris has managed to remove more parts of TA and had a helper:heh::heh: And has a set of wheels that if someone would like to make him an offer for yes they do need a bit of work , sure he will be along soon to fill you in on progress of TA.

Last edited:
Saw the grasshopper, and thought he may have some wisdom to share..

If that is our destiny, you cannot change it. But do not go in fear, Grasshopper. Fear is eternal darkness. Go instead with inner strength. For it is like a deep river, into which all streams flow. It increases, always moving forward. And soon, there is nothing that can stand in its way.

So I'm sure it will be done by the season opener. :)

Hi all yes few more bits taken off.ive got the inner wings and lower rad panel to weld up and lower bulkhead to fix. Have found out why the body moves so much it been fitted with landrover disco bushes lol which are shot glad I've got a replacement kit. If anyone is intrested I've a 14" set of snowflakes for sale tyres are shot wheels new clean and repaint believed fitment for gto gta and more pm me if intrested thanks Chris

Another update for you petrolheads feedback welcome,
Again let chris add the write up .

That's a lot of bits to take off just to put in that rubber mount.:lalala:

Hi all yes work moving forward replaced the frame to body mounts. Rad panel removed to replace mounts and also repair . Wings removed to have plenty of access to front control arms bushes treating the car to new shocks front and back once we get that far fingers crossed lol

HTML:
TransAmDan 

That's a lot of bits to take off just to put in that rubber mount.
That's only cos he's trying to make the car lighter to race so he can beat me at the pod next year:heh::heh::heh:

Sounds like a good plan, are you and Chris doing that UK Power Tour?

Back