Project now started

Wow, bargain. You got a lot of stuff there

Got some more pictures from chris today

Hi busy Sunday once again top two pics are a before and after with new bushes and the rear axle refurbed and paint all looking super sweet lol more pics to follow

Wow, looking good, always good to see this progress progressing and coming together.

Thanks guys all ways helpful to have support one theses cold and wet days helps with enthusiasm lol just got to drop the tank and clean and prep before painting the underside

Check for leaks in the tank, they seem to go on camao's of the same age around the seem of the tank, so when you put in more than 1/2 tank of fuel it comes out the holes.
The cold wet days are the worse, dark evenings little time and light to work on the car.

IMG_1092[1].jpgIMG_1107[1].jpgIMG_1108[1].jpgIMG_1092[1].jpgIMG_1109[1].jpgIMG_1110[1].jpghi all. so have been busy doing stuff to the ta back ends almost finished......yippee so having won a set of bfg,s tyres xmas eve lol my thoughts turned to the set of snowflakes rims that ive had hiding under my work bench for a good few years.now they were by far in good condidtion when I got them so I looked into getting them reburbished.I found a company in crawley not to fair away that looked promersing but having taken the wheels and tyres upto them got told that they could paint them but not do the diamond cut to the fronts. shame as there web site showed a set of snowflakes in there pic still they surgested a company in Tunbridge miles away having looked into them all seem good till I found out about them on pistonheads with plentry of horror storys not with my buck lol.so wot to do????.more internet searching and I found wot I was looking for the company that I used in fact refubs for the trade as well for joe public .so I rang them the cost had gone up abit compared to the others but then they asked when they could come and collet them yes that's right they came and colleted the wheels from me told me it would take a week and half so I booked it up.the cost well £100 per wheel all in.the process the wheel is striped tyre etc the acid dipped then media blasted the baked in the oven to remove any trapped air the powder primer and baked the top coat and baked then lacor and baked phew hot work lol then it gets diamond cut the finished item is wot can I say better than new!!!! stuning... the company I used was lepsons of Gillingham there are wheel refurb companys out there that come and fit wheels to your can and take yours for refub 90% get sent to lepsons. the before and after pics say it all also included a price list

no joy with price list but they can be found at lepsons.com and I found them very helpful thanks chris

Wow, them wheels look very nice. Nice work.

Thanks dan lepsons have done themselves proud much more than I expected to come back . I new they would come back looking nice just didn't expect the attention to detail first class job . Just got to get em on the car now lol

Wow!! They look amazing! Better than brand new! I can imagine you're over the moon with how they've turned out?

Last edited:
Looking good nice touch white inserts to match car,

I've added this to the Useful places list, always great to keep this place in mind as I may get my wheels done at some point.

I can imagine I'll use them when it comes to getting proper RS wheels for my Camaro :D

Hi all yes daz didn't fancy gold not that there is anything wrong with it just most TAs have gold wheels so want to try something different bit like the flames lol it's a custom one off that's for sure!!! :)

I agree with you, I think white wheels will be a nice touch for your car.

Hi all well I think I'm finished doing the gutty cleaning and rust proofing work so should be just acase of bolting all the refurb stuff back on the car fingers crossed lol also got new lug nuts and center caps for the snowflakes!!image.jpgimage.jpg

You have been busy. Did you get much black pain on yourself? That should keep the rust at bay. Its certainly worth giving a car that treatment. Wont be long before I need to do mine again.

Back