Ordered a car cover

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Quite a but of dust on the T/A yesterday. Pushed it out to do the ceiling insulation and back in again when complete. I know dust will reduce once the ceiling is up and walls and floor painted. I ordered an indoor car cover from https://autocovers.co.uk/shop/?make=Pontiac&model=Firebird&years=2000&body=Coupe&submit=FIND
They even had the Firebird listed.
Would be great to stop the dust collecting on the car, if all good I will probably get one for the Camaro too.

Wow alot of money. I brough a cloth like car cover in grey soft onesie and like a tarpuline tuoe material on other extra large was 39quid.

I have used the carcraft covers for many years. Currently using the Noah model for good weather protection when outside and good knock and bump protection when inside.

I had one for my 4th gen TA, I had one for the Vette and the Challenger has one too (fitted both my 09 and the 18).
They are good but you must be careful not to trap dirt between the car and the paint.
I’m just about to change mine, for something new.

Last edited:
will save you a lot of cleaning mine is indoor only tailored to fit

Wow, quite pricey but it seems you do get what you pay for where car covers are concerned. I recently bought a budget one to cover the Firebird in the garage over the winter. It is mainly for dust protection, but I do see the odd drip of condensation and the air in there can be quite damp over winter.
Anyway, I bought one on eBay. It was only about £12, which I thought should be fine for what is effectively indoors. It fits OK and was listed on eBay as being waterproof. But it turns out it isn't at all..water goes straight through it! Also, despite the seller coming up in a UK only search, it turns out they are in Hong Kong!
After several messages, including them asking me for a video proving it wasn't waterproof (which they damned well know it isn't), I got a full refund.
Some of the Chinese eBay sellers are so dishonest!

I often buy things on eBay(first thing I brought was the TA). Narrowing down the search to UK only you checkout then realise the shipping time of 3-4 weeks as its coming from China. Been a little more careful and avoiding these. I did buy the gasket sealent for the sump on the TA expecting it to be in the UK it actually came from Romania. You can report these people but nothing to stop them starting up again. Can be frustrating, I do use Amazon, it depends what I'm buying, you have to be really careful with that checkout system else you will be signed up to Amazon prime and only way to cancel is to phone the USA Amazon as teo people I know got caught up with that.

Well the car cover isn't here yet.

Emailed them Monday.
Hello Dan Potter,

Thank you for reaching out to us

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
One of our customer care agents will be reviewing your request and will get in touch with you shortly for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Customer Care Team

So gave it a day, and no reply. I visit their website https://autocovers.co.uk/ and an online chat pops up. I chat to someone regarding the order, they see it in the system and said its due to be despatched today and will get an email confirmation.

Well no email, still no reply to my orginal email. Visit their site today and their website has gone.,
1606907037487.png
Perhaps they just have an error on their website and it will be back, and perhaps I will get an email soon regarding my order. So far I am not impressed with their response. Perhaps the product never existed and money has gone into someones Christmas savings pot?
However reviews and them being top of the search engine were plus point that it seemed to be a good place to buy from.

Ah, tried their website again and it is back.

Initiatiing an online chat now.

Well the online chat someone was ment to be getting back to me. Kept the chat open, no response and no email yet, been 30mins
Hi there
Ana will be back very quick
and will contact you

New response
it was shipped out yesterday, tracking info should be any day
yo will get automatic email with tracking info

New response
All sounds a bit worrying. I hope it turns up. I had a similar thing recently when ordering an outdoor electrical box on eBay. But I got no response from the seller at all. Eventually, eBay stepped in and refunded me.

I’m getting a new one for Christmas :) :)
Hopefully mine will be here by Christmas.

Just received tracking info today, its with TNT. so should arrive anyday. Now here is the interesting part. The company is based in London, its a UK website. Yet going back through the tracking its coming from Fekkin China., Arghh, been trying to avoid stuff frm that side of the world. It better be good quality and not like the crap from 'Wish'.

• Dec 03 2020 05:54 am
    2020-12-03T05:54:00
    Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    P1T

• Dec 03 2020 05:54 am
    Released By Customs
    P1T

• Dec 03 2020 04:23 am
    Shipment In Transit.
    Pudong International Airport

• Dec 02 2020 11:02 pm
    Shipment In Transit.
    Hangzhou

• Dec 02 2020 09:41 pm
    Shipment In Transit.
    Hangzhou

• Dec 02 2020 08:09 pm
    Shipment Collected From Customer
    Hangzhou

• Dec 02 2020 03:04 pm
    Pre-arrival Clearance Process Started
    Northampton Ccb

Car cover has arrived. Went through customs twice. Landed in Northampton, cleared customs then went to France, then left France to enter the UK. Luckily I didn't have to pay customs fees else I would have been very tempted to refuse the package. As purchased from a UK company and no mention they sub it out to China.
Anyway it comes in its own bag much like a bag a fold up chair comes in. Even has a label on it saying 'Pontiac Firebird 2000'.
Not tried it yet on the car, perhaps sometime this week. Car isn't clean, some dust so I best do that first. Plus my electric aerial stays up. It's a silly price for a recon one, may need to find an alternative aerial. I should still be able to get most of the cover on to check fit. Material feels semi stretchy.

Got mine sorted at the weekend.
Went with the Cair O’Port which is a framed carcoon essentially. It uses an aluminium exo-skeletal frame and three fans to promote airflow. The concept is that it creates a bubble that means the temperatures doesn’t vary quickly which reduces the condensation that causes rust to form. The car went in damp so I left the drying vent open for 24 hours and then closed it. The fans create a very effective bubble so nothing is touching the car.
Has flaps on both sides to make getting in and out the car easy and the rear unzips to drive the car in out. Got the battery maintainer in there too.
Building it was a faff, no other way of saying it. But as it will stay up until spring it only has to be touched twice a year.
But by far the best bit is that nothing is touching the paint.

403CC724-3F03-466F-AEC8-010FAC48373B.jpegD3A9CF6C-AA38-44F2-9170-FC7A8C2201E1.jpeg85188D79-D21D-46A5-94C1-F75B20D28CC4.jpeg412678F5-9F11-4A2D-BC8E-F951CF6EC943.jpeg

It's in its own covid bubble lol

Fits really well.
IMG_20201209_181153.jpg

IMG_20201209_181243.jpg

Both yours and AT's look good, Dan did you cut the ariel off? I got a car cover with the 69 and it has a hole (Proper reinforced one) where the ariel sits as Mustang ariels don't fully retract.

My Corvette Carcraft cover had a re-enforced hole around the antenna too. I notice Dan’s doesn’t have mirror pockets. I wonder whether that will be a wear point?

Back