Old Banger Wanted

Will

Core Member
Hi All

I am looking for a small car with a small engine (e.i. low insurance group!). It is for my middle Son Luke who is getting ready to take his driving test. We have only got a budget of about ?150, so I accept it will be something needing work. Ideally though, one which runs but is scruffy. Something like an old Fiesta, Metro or Corsa maybe?

Either reply on here, or give me a text or call :thumb:

Cheers
Will

Will, for cheap insurance, you have to go for a Ka. I was looking at other cars and most small cars would have cost me more to insure than the Chevy. The only car hat I tried that was around the same cost was a VW Polo, but have heard that Ka's are the cheapest to insure, I just wasn't looking at the Fix-Or-Repair-Daily vehicles ;)

Thanks Darren. Yes, thinking about it, I was talking about this last night and it was mentioned that the boy racers do tend to go for the Corsa's and Saxo's etc, so those type of cars probably get a bad rep statistically with the insurance companies. Wheras KA's do seem to be favoured by girls don't they...who are known to have less accidents. I will bear that in mind.

Any spares-or-repair KA's out there??

Wheras KA's do seem to be favoured by girls don't they...who are known to have less accidents.

Lol, they cause the accidents, and where they don't look in their rear view mirrors they don't know what they have done. Mirrors are for putting make-up on.

Lol, they cause the accidents, and where they don't look in their rear view mirrors they don't know what they have done. Mirrors are for putting make-up on.
Ok so where do I start Danny Boy !! 1. rear view mirrors, thats cause us women are more interested in where we are going not where we have been!! 2. I have counted 7 women in club who drive yanks which incidently have been on the road all year without ANY major probs unlike some of the guys. 3.Women concentrate on their driving not some bit of skirt walking along the pavement, which is incidently taking their eyes off the road !! But most importantly makeup and mirrors, had practice have we Dan lol By the way your chicken Korma may turn into a Vindaloo on Friday night so again I say to you be afraid be very afraid !! Come on renebabes are we going to let the guys get away with this I think not lol xx

Ok so where do I start Danny Boy !! 1. rear view mirrors, thats cause us women are more interested in where we are going not where we have been!! 2. I have counted 7 women in club who drive yanks which incidently have been on the road all year without ANY major probs unlike some of the guys. 3.Women concentrate on their driving not some bit of skirt walking along the pavement, which is incidently taking their eyes off the road !! But most importantly makeup and mirrors, had practice have we Dan lol By the way your chicken Korma may turn into a Vindaloo on Friday night so again I say to you be afraid be very afraid !! Come on renebabes are we going to let the guys get away with this I think not lol xx

When I saw you were online I knew I was gonna be in trouble. This was just to get people online and posting. :heh: See ya Friday.

I use my mirror to see all the suckers who i leave behind lol!! ok not when Kaan is in the car that is!!

me say nothing me not brave when it comes to grandma jan :rant: lol......................... only nice tan mmm lmao and i wanna keep it... :drum:

will ive still got my 1998 fiesta if you want it? it has no mot or tax though. would probably need quite a bit of work. its burning a bit of oil and currently has no exhaust as ive used parts of it for my current car. give me a pm if you are interested :)
insurance was quite good for a 17 year old male. mine was ?1300, but that was with my dad as the main driver and i was a named user or something? i could get my mum to have a chat with you about how she got it so cheap if needs be. but like i said, if you are interested then send me a message. or pop in one evening :)

Back