October 2010 Cruise Video !

Hi Renegades

I think a big Renegades congrats to Will for a Superb! video of the cruise, between Al and Will i think a Southsea Cruise DVD is a great idea if everyone is keen to have one. I will discuss with you all at the next club meet and get your thoughts. With the regards to our Renegade CD it is available, i managed to finally get the copies from Stevie R, the front cover art work needs finishing which i am unable to do, other than that they are good to go.

Cheers Superb!

One thing I will say is that if al can't get his old videos off you tube, then maybe we should look at doing a 2011 cruise DVD? I'm not only saying this because of the limited footage we'd have for 2010, but because in addition we'd actually be able to plan the camera shots for 2011 which would hopefully make for a more interesting DVD in the end.

Good idea. I will get my bumper camera fired up again. Its a few inches off the ground so even doing 30mph, looks fast. Like this...[video=youtube;Z0HCPv_J0wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0HCPv_J0wk[/video]
Possibly useful in the final video editing to have a bit from many cameras all combined into one.

Thanks for your comments Superb. Yeah, that looks good Dan and shots like this would make an interesting addition to the cruise videos.

Actually, I had considered the possibility of rigging up cameras on a few cars somehow. Alternatively, we could ask any passengers riding on the cruise to do some in-car filming next year, even on their mobile phones. The resolution on some of them is pretty good these days (like on the iPhone for example). They would then just need to get the clips to me for editing into the videos.

Although Darren has made some good points. I think I have about 5 cruises saved, which might be enough to make up a DVD for now. They are certainly spread over a good span of time and show a big variation of different cars (plus when the Harleys joined us!). But maybe better to aim for a full season's cruises on DVD next year.

I have June 2008, July 2008, April 2009, May 2009 and October 2010.

Incidentally, re-Funbus' videos, there is a program called Real Player, which allows Youtube videos to be saved. Not sure if they can then be added together and burned to DVD though? Have you heard of it Dan?

As a suggestion, if I save the videos to a USB stick, maybe we could show them next club night on someone's laptop? (I would happily, but I don't own one). If we speak nicely to the landlord and whoever's laptop has a video output connection, it may even be possible to show the videos on one of their plasma screens?

Just an idea. Any takers?

Back