QR Codes

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
We have all seen QR code pop up from place to place. Like this one.
1710837228679.png

Well someone thought it would be great to have them on the Southsea Cruise flyers. Found a website where you can create them just by doing a search in Google. This one seemed fine.
1710837276321.png

You go to the next page where you can type in the URL for it to point to. There is also some option to add a logi in the middle.
1710837348152.png

I do this, and copy the Image, Pop it on the SouthseaCruise flyers, which 1000's have been printed and arriving today.

I also get an email from QR.IO today saying they have deactivated the QR code as the Free trial has ended. They want $35 per month to activate it. Money grabbing A-Holes, where on their website in that process said it wasn't free. I have emailed them to request what the price is just to keep it active till October. I think they have added some form of click tracking. I dont want all that. I just want the darn code to work.
Likely to be cheaper to reprint the flyers.

Emailed the company that supplied the QR code they can activate it for $50 one off fee. Cheaper than reprinting flyers. Not ideal in the great scheme of things.
I'm careful with websites and internet stuff, and I got caught with some subscription thing. Annoyed at myself for that.
I have said I wish to pay the $50 in an email sent on Tuesday afternoon, awaiting their response.

Back