Minimize shipping & new discount code

RockAuto

No one wants to spend a lot of money on shipping when placing online orders, so I wanted to provide everyone on the forum with an easy way to reduce the number of warehouses involved on your order to help keep down the cost of shipping. The link RockAuto Frequently Asked Questions on our FAQ page does a great job of explaining how to do this with examples and pictures. I recommend everyone read over this page to learn how it's possible to save even more money using RockAuto!

And forum members have a new discount code that can be used on http://www.rockauto.co.uk:

5% Discount Code: 517A13A447338A
Expires: May 5th, 2015

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

If you have a question about parts or an order, please visit our FAQ and/or Order Status & Returns page, or send us an email at service@rockauto.com.

we have done this quite a bit and it definately saves money. But, why do companies charge so much for shipping to start with?
If you buy from a private individual in the USA and ship it, it costs about 45% less than same item from a reseller. Making a huge profit on shipping is the only answer tha makes sense?

One that springs to mind - Didn't we get a quote for an o2 sensor for my car and the part was something like £6 and shipping was about £20 - ouch!

Back