Line Lock fitting

it could just be stuck abit of corrosion got inside while it waited for you to connect it up. can you take it apart and check/clean it.

Thanks Martin, yeah, I'll do that.

I have popped on a waterproof 2 pin connector to make the electric easy to disconnect. didn't want to attempt disconnecting the pipes last night, may do that tonight, I'll whip it off take apart and clean. I'll also take a bench supply out to the garage to power it up and test.
1597228048679.png

The master arm switch is just that. Flicking that whilst driving would have no impact. The push for lock button only works when the master arm switch is on and you have pressed the brakes and then held pressure with the push button. You won’t disable front brakes although you could lock them on unexpectedly. But then all you would do is let go of the push button.
I am just thinking about how these work and based on my understanding, if you had the master switch on and accidentally pressed the button while driving along and were not braking, it wouldn't lock the front brakes on would it? I am thinking it wouldn't do anything? And if you were to hold the button down before braking and then braked, you would presumably have no front brakes until you released the button?
Is it effectively like a gate valve in the front brakes feed line?

I am just thinking about how these work and based on my understanding, if you had the master switch on and accidentally pressed the button while driving along and were not braking, it wouldn't lock the front brakes on would it? I am thinking it wouldn't do anything? And if you were to hold the button down before braking and then braked, you would presumably have no front brakes until you released the button?
Is it effectively like a gate valve in the front brakes feed line?
I beleive if you activate while driving then either your front brakes wouldn't work when driving or there is a one way valve to make them work. I would air on the side of caution and assume front brakes wouldn't work as the valve would be closed not allowing any fluid to pass.

I beleive if you activate while driving then either your front brakes wouldn't work when driving or there is a one way valve to make them work. I would air on the side of caution and assume front brakes wouldn't work as the valve would be closed not allowing any fluid to pass.
OK. Yeah, that's how I imagined it would work.

Took it apart.
Took that center rod apart, there is a park in there that slides and pished a pin inside to close the valve.
1597257022129.png

Draws 1.4Amps at 12V. Coil measured just under 8ohms, so the current tallys up.

I can see the pin inside moving. So no I know the in, and seen the bypass valve, so if you do a switch this on while driving and hit the brakes, the brakes will still work and then stay on. Not that you would want to use it like that, but I now know more about all the in's and outs of this solonoid.

Put it back in thew car and can now here is activating by flicking the switch.
So its progress. There was a bent washer in there which was jammping the pin from sliding.

whats the carpet on the dashboard for lol
It's hiding the cracked dash pad underneath. You can get them in the states, they are fragile, so unlikely to survive the shipping unless you ship it in something like a wooden crate which wouldn't be cheap.
Got the carpet dash some time ago, it covers up the crack. Also it stops the sun reflection of the dash to. At certain sun levels, all you could see was the reflection of your dashboard. It's held on with double sided velcro so it's easy enough to remove.
I could find the website if you are interesting in getting one for yours.

No I got sheepskin for mine lol

Back