JEEP CHEROKEE 2.8CRD LIMITED AUTO KJ SERIES

Jumbot

Very reluctantly selling my Jeep first registered 28/09/2004 since my ownership it has had extensive work, most of which is detailed in this forum, with pictures. I am being forced to give up driving.
Before I purchased it it had the following done, in no particular order. all receipts available. Body wise it is very good, the underside is in very very good condition with its original paint, BUT had to have the lower part of the O/S/R Sill welded, seems to be a common rust spot? slight blemish in the paint on the O/S/R back bumper end cap, the front corners and been rubbed, but I am being very critical, the rest polishes up really good, the inside is leather, the drivers seat lower bolster side the Vinyl has split, why not use leather all over? It is fitted with reversing camera and Parrot hands free phone kit. Original radio has been replaced with a Panasonic Unit C/D Radio with USB input, the engine runs without fault, I changed the headgasket with New Head bolts as told in this forum, auto box drives again without fault. As for price I have spent over £3300 the new owner will want to put their own stamp on it, but to be honest there is not a lot to do, if anything,

Front drive shaft boot kit

All filters

3 Bosch Wipers

Front and rear discs

Front and rear brake pads

All fluids changed, axle gearbox transfer box etc etc

I bought it knowing the rear main oil seal was leaking badly, ended up fitting another engine which had 87,175 miles on it, (I still have the old engine, it turned out the injectors were over fueling and causing real bad engine pressure and fumes, hey ho you learn!!) the car has done 167400 the second hand engine was fitted at 164000 there is no transmission noise, no axle noise, it runs very well pulls like a train, the EGR has been blanked, runs so much better on fresh air!! The Timing belt with tensioners and water pump changed, new auxiliary belt with idlers and new auto tensioner, the Transfer box cable and lever has been changed for a non seized up item, the transfer box works as it should, as you can see I have well over spent, but I like it and wanted to keep it, so it had to be very reliable,

MOT to 06/11/2020

I have replaced the

Engine for a unit that has done only 87-175miles

Heavy Duty Battery

New alternator

Rear Main oil seal (Genuine from JNL Engineering £73-73)

Oil filter

10w40 Millers trident fully synthetic

Fuel Filter

Serpentine belt with idlers and auto adjust mechanism

Timing belt with idlers adjuster and water pump (complete with rear housing)

Rear hand brake shoes

All three axle oil seals, drive cone and half shafts

Both door mirrors, are new, they are adjustable but I have failed to get them to work properly Either the wiring does not match or other, I'm not an electrician

Heater motor resistor pack, now works on all speeds

Brake Master cylinder, (Good second hand)

The CRD injector Rail and sensor with pressure release valve

Four Injectors at a cost of £350 (Reconditioned with new nozzles)

Rear Suspension coil springs (KYB)

Rear Axle A Frame (Complete with new ball joint and bushes)

Rear Parcel Shelf (Retractable)

Two 235/70/16 Runway HT Tyres Valves and Balanced, rear tyres and spare have about 4mm

Aircon works as it should, re gassed and lubrication oil inserted

Both front shock absorbers with springs and rubber spring platforms 21/06/20

Both front brake hoses 21/06/20

Both auto box filters and oil 21/06/20

The reg will revert back to the reg in the pics, currently on SIG 5172

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg

Last edited:
Oh no sorry to hear that. Good luck in the sale.

Y. U. Being forced??
Age? Police? Illness? Or worse wife says so lol.

GLWS

Illness, Diabetes effecting my sight, the Docs can do no more, Thank you for the comments

Nice car - shouldn’t be too hard to sell. Good luck

Up date, went for MOT Thursday, FAILED on the LED headlight bulbs I had fitted, No pattern, swapped them for the original H4 Halogen and got a Pass, advisory on N/S Track Rod end, having a pair fitted Monday, so now has 12 months MOT

GLWS

Thats great news its passed.

If modern German cars can be on the road with their head lamps that can shine through your hands i would have thought any sort of bulb should be legal.

I'm off next week (Wed) to see if laser treatment to my eyes is possible, it seems I may have been given incorrect info, when the pictures were reviewed it all doesn't all look to bad, here's hoping

Update, things look promising, they may be able to restore enough vision in one eye to allow driving, we wait for the appointment. But we have decided to sell the Jeep, and go for the Grande Cherokee, mainly for the bigger boot space, quite unfortunate after putting so much into this one, and my wife transfered my private plate to it to cheer me up, all good intentions I suppose LOL

So sorry to hear of your health issues Jumbot. Best of luck re your eyesight (y)

Any idea which model of Jeep GC you'll go for? I had a 55 plate 3.0CRD Limited earlier in the year but sold it after about 6 months. It was a nice enough and had plenty of boot space but only returned about 19mpg, which I thought was pretty poor for a diesel.

So sorry to hear of your health issues Jumbot. Best of luck re your eyesight (y)

Any idea which model of Jeep GC you'll go for? I had a 55 plate 3.0CRD Limited earlier in the year but sold it after about 6 months. It was a nice enough and had plenty of boot space but only returned about 19mpg, which I thought was pretty poor for a diesel.

Hi, the 2.8 returns 20 round town, as its auto I thought that was not bad, on a run it is brilliant it returns 34mpg, we have done a couple of runs to the Wifes Mother in Romiley Manchester and from tank to tank the figures hardly vary, it has new injectors so they must help a lot, the Voyager Manual 2.5 that is mine but the Daughter runs it, returns about 20 round town but on a run it tops out at 36, that mileage we know is right as it was clocked across France from Dieppe to Antibes in the South, and back again, they seem to love a set speed, easily obtainable on the French Payage system.

As for what Grande Cherokee we will go for I quite fancy a Petrol running LPG, I had a Range Rover P38 in France running LPG or GPL as the French put it, had massive problems registering it, so I drove it back to the UK and sold it, that hurt as it had a brand new engine, over the last eight years I have run into some problems with cars LOL
French P38 002.JPG
DSC02438.JPG

Hello Peeps, thought I would put on a few lines, the Jeep is still for sale we have just bought a Peugeot 308 1.6 Diesel the wife runs it and we are going to use that for the longer runs, decided to sell the Jeep but not replace it as yet, to date its cost me £3300 to be realistic its open to sensible offers over £2500, the engine has now done 5000 miles since fitting that will make a grand total of 91000 on the fitted engine, the recorded mileage of the rest is around 168000, it will have a decent oil used for an oil and filter change possibly this weekend, oh I have had my eyes done, it worked, so able to drive, have so many other health issues I don't know where to start, but I'm alive and can annoy people!!! I have put the High Density Headlights bulb units in and changed the headlamps, slight discolouration on the tops of the old, I will leave the reverse camera in and the Parrot Mobile Hands Free, Finally found and fitted the correct original type Radio CD which works with the steering controls, as does the Cruise Control.

Thank you.

Decided to keep the Jeep too much of me in it now, as said we will use the Wiles 308 for all our trips, although I am not a fan of the 6 speed box, up and down the box on motorway hills, too much faffing!! give it a few years to get my moneys worth out of all the parts, as I'm now adding more, Shhhh!!!

Hello its me again, off and on selling this Jeep, DECISION MADE, its definitely for sale, more work done on it over the weekend, Both front shocks and new springs, both spring isolators, (the rubbers the springs seat on top and bottom) and top bushes, both front brake hoses as one snapped whilst being moved out of the way of a bolt, good job it snapped there and not on the road, both filters changed in the gearbox, new fully synthetic oil topped up the box, the parrot hands free kit has expired, so that will be removed.

Receipts available for all parts, except the recon Diesel Injectors, they were done at mates rates, its quite obvious they are New.

FIRST OFFER OVER £2200 WILL BE TAKEN, now if you look back at what this has had done that's about the sum total of parts!!!

Back