Gtech Pro RR

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
For many years i have been running this G-Tech G-force meter in my car. Its great for letting you know your 0-60 times 0-100, and 1/4 mile times, as well as HP etc.. So every time I do a power mod or suspension mod I'm out doing a bit of tuning and log the results on the Gtech meter.

Mark (3rd Gen firebird with Knight rider light) has also got one of these and will try before and after NOS to see how much difference it makes.

I'll try this out in Pauls '78 Camaro at some point to get an idea of acceleration in that beast of a car.

More details of the device can be found here.
http://www.gtechpro.net/Products/rr_en.html

The accuracy of these devices when set up correctly are very good, like less than 0.1 second on a drag strip. There are video of people using this on the dragstrip and comparing the displayed times with their time slip and its spot on.

One trouble I have with this on the road is traction, having to pull away gingerly in 1st and part of 2nd giving me 0-60 in 5.1 secs, then wheels start spinning again in 3rd just before 100mph, 0-100 in 10.5 secs. Best 1/4 mile time on normal road recorded on the Gtech is 13.1secs. If I could get more grip on the launch (gingerly pull away) I should be in the 12's.

I expect if we tried the gtech in Rons car it would car 'Feck whats going on'.

I'd like to see it in Colin. It would read 'please start the engine - you have? oh are we going then' hehe!!!! Sorry mummy xx

lol, your mean. I'm sure Colin has lots of omph.
It works in all cars, in fact in the demonstration video they show a car doing 0-60 and it took 14 seconds. I cant even think what sort of car that would be even a 1.0litre car would be better than that.

Colin has loads of Oomph - when i am driving him, its when mum is behind the wheel. Took us 3 attempts & 4 parking spaces the other day just to park him so no one would park next to him and knock the door. All spots were same size as far as i could see hehe!!!! Bless her i guess there is nothing wrong with being careful.

Me and my colin were built for comfort not for speed, we have a little oomph every now and then, but then we settle down and go at our own leisurely pace lol xx

Back